Nan Khatai Recipe without Oven
Nankhatai is usually prepared in oven and comes out really tempting. But nankhatai can also be prepared on gas in wok with heavy base or pressure cooker. This nankhatai prepared without oven also have pleasing taste. Today we will make nankhatai in a pan.
हिन्दी में पढिये - Nan Khatai Recipe without Oven
- Gram flour - 1 cup (125 grams)
- Powdered sugar - ½ cup (125 grams)
- Desi ghee or vegetable oil - ½ cup (125 grams)
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Green cardamom - 4-5
- Pistachios - 4-5
How to make nan khatai without oven in pan
Peel and grind green cardamom and thinly slice pistachios. Melt ghee.
Mix gram flour and sugar. Now add baking powder and cardamom powder into it and mix all ingredients thoroughly. Now add melted ghee (melted at room temperature) in the mixture and with help of your hands mix until you get soft dough. Keep 2-3 tsp of ghee.
Take a utensil with heavy and plain base and add 300-400 grams salt. Spread it evenly all around and place a wire or net stand in the utensil. Cover the utensil and allow it to get warm at low flame. Meanwhile prepare nankhatai and place them on a plate.
Grease plate with some ghee. Take some amount of dough and roll giving it a round shape. Now flatten the ball by pressing it gently with your palm. Place this on a plate and like wise prepare all nankhatais. Keep the nankhatai at some distance on plate. Now place the plate or tray on the wire stand kept inside the utensil. Cover back the utensil properly.
Bake nankhatai for 15 minutes on low flame. Check after 15 minutes, if it has got puffy and brown from surface that means it’s baked appropriately. If it still uncooked then bake it for 3-4 more minutes on low flame. Check again, nankhatai is now ready. it takes 15-20 minutes for baking nankhatai.
When nankhatai gets cool, separate it from the tray and place in some other bowl or plate. Mouth drooling and delectable nankhatai is ready. When it gets cool completely, store it in an airtight container and enjoy eating for upto 2 months.
- Nankhatai can also be prepared with gram flour, gram flour-maida, gram flour-semolina, gram flour-maida-semolina or only maida-semolina as per your preference.
- If there is excess ghee in the dough then nankhatai will not puff up and will remain flat like a biscuit. In this case add some more maida in the flour and mix nicely.
- If the quantity of ghee is less in the dough can nankhatai will break or get cracks while baking. In this case add some more ghee in the dough and mix well.
Besan Nankhatai Recipe video
- Recipe for Kids
- Cookies Recipe
- Indian Regional Recipes
- Gujarati Recipes
- Baking Recipe