Instant Rava Handvo | Vegetable Rava Handvo in Pan
When in a rush and you cannot make your Traditional rice dal Handvo, then try this instant Sooji Veg Handvo. You will relish eating it.
Ingredients of Sooji Handvo
- Semolina - 3/4 cup ( 130 gms )
- Chickpea flour - 1/2 cup ( 50 gms )
- Fresh whisked curd - 1/2 cup
- Grated carrot - 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower -1/2 cup ( finely chopped )
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup ( finely chopped )
- Roasted Peanuts - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10 to 12
- Ginger paste - 1 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 to 3 ( finely chopped )
- Eno fruit salt - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - more than 1 tsp or to taste
- Black mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame seesds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
How to Make Sooji Handvo
Take semolina in a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, fresh whisked curd. Mix all. Add water and prepare dense batter. Once dense batter is ready, add spices such as turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, ginger paste, finely chopped green chili, more than 1 tsp salt, mix all ingredients well.
Add veggies such as grated carrot, finely chopped cauliflower, finely chopped capsicum, roasted peanuts. Mix all ingredients. If batter seems dense add water. Keep batter aside to set for 10 minutes. 1/2 cup water is used to make this quantity of dough.
Put pan to heat. Add eno fruit salt to Handvo batter, mix it. Meanwhile add 2 to 3 tbsp oil to the pan. Once oil is rightly hot, add black mustard seeds. Reduce flame, add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, saute it. Put handvo batter in pan, spread evenly. Cover and cook the handvo on low medium flame for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes. Check the Handvo, if roasted from beneath and dark from above, flip it in a thali.
To roast other side, add the leftover oil. Then add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, slightly roast spices. Put handvo in pan, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Cover and cook it on low medium flame for 12 minutes. Check Handvo, place thali and flip handvo likewise. Handvo is roasted well.
Soft and puffy Handvo is ready to be served.Cut it into desired size Relish it anytime for breakfast or as snack.
- Batter should not be too thin or dense.
- There should be no lumps in the batter.
- Roasted peanuts give a crunchy taste to the Handvo.
- You can use 1/2 tsp baking soda instead of eno fruit salt.
- Cook handvo on low medium flame for 10 minutes, then check it, if it seems undercooked, cook on the flame.
- Snacks Recipes
- North Indian Recipes
- gujarati instant handvo
- quick and easy handvo
- vegetable handvo recipe
- instant semolina handvo