Leftover Dal Paratha । Dal Paratha recipe
Leftover Dal is usually not preffered to be eaten again. You can try making an innovative dish of Leftover Dal paratha and make a mouth drooling snack.
Ingredients for Dal Paratha recipe
- Wheat flour - 2 cups ( 300 gms )
- Leftover dal - 1 bowl
- Green Coriander - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil - 3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies - 2 (Finely chopped)
How to make Leftover Dal Paratha
To knead dough Take wheat flour in bowl. Make hollow pit. Take leftover dal out from the fridge, add it to the flour. Dal already has all the spices, just add salt to adjust the taste of flour. Mix well. Add cumin seeds, salt, finely chopped green chilies, 1 tsp oil. Add green coriander.Mix dal and prepare dough. Add water in small portion and knead soft dough. Knead dough soft as that for normal paratha. Once dough is ready, cover and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
For rolling out Paratha,
After 20 minutes, grease hands with oil. Knead and smoothen the dough. Break lump from dough. Make dough ball, press with hands, coat with dry flour. Roll it round 3 to 4 inch in diameter. Grease paratha with oil, spread evenly. Fold paratha in half.Grease with oil again and fold. Coat in dry flour, Roll out slightly thick paratha.
To roast paratha, put tawa to heat up. Once the tawa is hot. Pour oil and grease tawa. Put paratha on tawa to roast. Flip and roast well until golden brown spots appear. Pour a litlle oil on paratha.Grease evenly. Flip, pour oil and grease other side as well.
Keep flame medium.When paratha seems dark from above, flip it then again flip and roast the paratha until golden brown spots appear. Once roasted, Keep paratha over the bowl on the plate or serve directly.
To make square parathas,
make sheet same way, keep the diameter 5 to 6 inches. If it sticks coat in flour. Grease with oil. Divide paratha in 3 parts and fold. Grease with oil again. Divide and fold in 3 parts again. Roll square sheet. Roast the paratha likewise. Keep in plate. Turn off flame.
Leftover Dal paratha is ready to be served. 9 parathas can be made with this quantity of dough. It can be served with curd, chutney or your favorite sabzi.
- You can make the parathas in Ghee.
- If you prefer spicy parathas,then add red chili and garam masala ,diced onion, add more spices as desired.
- If the dough seems stiff add water, if it seems too soft then add a bit dry flour.
- You can keep the size of paratha as desired.
- You can also make chapatis from the dough.
- You can make parathas from any dal, such as arhar, moong chana urad or masoor dal.