Aloo Bhujiya Recipe - Bikaneri Namkeen Sev - Alu Bhujia Sev
Crispy and tasty aloo bhujiya namkeen sev makes a perfect light snack for anytime.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Aloo Bhujiya Recipe - Bikaneri Namkeen Sev - Alu Bhujia Sev
Ingredients for Alu Bhujia Sev
- Chickpea flour – 2 cups (200 grams)
- Potatoes – 5 (400 grams) (boiled)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
How to make Bikaneri Namkeen Sev
Peel the potatoes and grate them. Mix these grated potatoes to the chickpea flour. Also add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and asafoetida to it. Mix everything really well and knead soft dough. Cover and keep the dough aside for 10 to 15 minutes to set.
Stuff the dough into sev machine
Grease your hands with some oil and knead the dough again. Take the sev machine and fit the plate with fine holes. Grease the machine's cylinder with some oil. Apply some oil over your hands, break a lump from dough and roll it into long log. Place this dough log in the cylinder. Pull up the machine's piston and fix it over the cylinder.
Fry the bhujiyas
Heat enough oil in a wok. After some time, drop a small dough lump into the oil to check if its hot enough. Dough has started floating on the surface gradually, that means the oil is medium hot. Drop sev in to the oil in circular motion and fry on medium flame.
When the froth settles down and the sev start floating on the surface, flip the side and continue frying a little more. When the sev turn golden brown, take them over a perforated ladle and hold for a while and then place them over a plate. Likewise fry remaining sev as well. It takes 3 to 4 minutes to fry these sev.
For thick sev
For making thick sev remove the plate with fine holes and fit the plate with bigger holes. Similarly place the dough inside the machine and make sev. Keep the flame medium-high. It takes 5 minutes to fry these thick sev at once.
Crispy aloo bhujiya is ready. Let this besan aloo bhujiya cool down completely and then store it in any container and relish eating for up to a month.
- While knead dough make that the dough is not too soft or too stiff. Keep it in same consistency as required for making roti and paranthas.
- If the dough is stiff then mix some water and knead it again until soft and if the flour seems too soft then mix some chickpea flour to it and knead again.
- Fry the bhujiyas on medium hot oil on medium flame.
- Don't fry the sev too much because potatoes are roasted too quickly.
- Use the sev plate with fine holes for making this aloo bhujiya.
- You can adjust the quantity of chili as per your desire.
- For spicy tangy bhujiya, break them a little and sprinkle some chaat masala over it.
- aloo bhujiya
- alu bhujia
- alu bhujiya sev
- besan aloo bhujiya
- bikaneri namkeen sev
- Deep Fry Snacks
- Recipe for Kids
- Snacks Recipes