Rava Idli recipe in Microwave - How to make Suji Idli in microwave?
Today's specialty, super tempting veggies stuffed soft and spongy idlis prepared in microwave makes a perfect snack.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Rava Idli recipe in Microwave - How to make Suji Idli in microwave?
Ingredients for Rava Idli recipe in Microwave
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup (whisked)
- Capsicum – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Carrot – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Red mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch grated or 1 tsp paste
- Salt – ½ tsp or to taste
- Eno fruit salt – ½ tsp
How to make Suji Idli in microwave?
Take semolina and curd in a big mixing bowl. If the batter appears dense, then add some water to it and mix well. The consistency of batter needs to remain same as that of idli batter prepared with dal and rice. In this much quantity of batter 1/4 cup of water is used.
Add salt, ginger paste, green chili and some green coriander to it and mix well. Now add all the veggies - capsicum, tomatoes, carrots and mix everything thoroughly. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes to make it puffy.
After 10 minutes, batter will puff up and if it appears dense then add 1 to 2 tbsp water to it.
In a small pan add 1 tbsp oil and heat it sufficiently. Meanwhile finely chop curry leaves. When the oil is hot add mustard seeds to it. Turn off the flame while roasting the mustard seeds and add also add curry leaves to it. Place the prepared tadka in batter and mix it thoroughly.
Microwave the idlis
Take a microwave idli container and grease it with some oil. Add some enu fruit salt and mix well. Take 1-1 tsp batter and place it on the molds. Place the container inside the microwave and cook it for 1.5 minutes on maximum temperature.
If microwave idli container is not available, then take microwave safe bowls or glass bowl for making the idlis. For this, grease the bowl with some oil and fill them half with the batter.
Within 2 minutes the idlis in container are ready. Take them out and place the bowls inside and microwave for 2 minutes. If the idlis are not cooked and appear too white in color then microwave for another half a minute little slightly brown. Likewise prepare remaining idlis as well.
When the idlis cool down, take them out from the container using a knife. Similarly take out the idlis from bowls as well. Veg rawa idli in microwave is ready. Serve it with peanut chutney, green coriander chutney, coconut chutney or any other dips as per your preference.
- Instead of grated ginger you can also use ginger paste.
- Take little coarse idli for making idli.
- Make sure that the batter is not too thin or too thick in consistency. It should have pouring consistency.
- Use veggies as per your choice or availability like chopped beans, green peas, cauliflower and so on.
- After adding eno fruit salt don't whisk the batter too much.
- As per the quantity of batter microwave the idlis for 1.5, 2.5 or 3 minutes.
- microwave idli recipe
- rava idli microwave
- semolina idli microwave
- sooji idli microwave
- veg semolina idli microwave
- Snacks Recipes
- Recipe for Kids
- Misc Baking
- Indian Regional Recipes
- South Indian Recipes
- School Tiffin Recipe
- Microwave Recipe
- Starter recipe
- Less oil snacks recipe
- Steamed Recipe
- Idli recipe