Pav bhaji masala - Pav Bhaji masala powder
Pav bhaji masala is the most often used spice powder in pav bhaji and tawa pulao which are popular street foods of Mumbai. You can also use this for making regular tawa stir fried sabzi.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Pav bhaji masala - Pav Bhaji masala powder
Ingredients for Pav Bhaji Masala
- Whole coriander seeds - 8 tbsp (25 grams)
- Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp (15 grams)
- Fennel seeds - 2 tbsp (15 grams)
- Red chilly powder - 20 whole (20 grams)
- Brown cardamom - 10 (10 grams)
- Cinnamon stick - 4 to 5 chunks (5 grams)
- Black peppercorns - 1 tbsp (5 grams)
- Clove - 1 tsp (3 grams)
- Ginger powder - 1 tbsp (10 grams)
- Dry mango powder - 1.5 tbsp (15 grams)
- Black salt - 1 tbsp (15 grams)
- Pomegranate seeds - 1 tbsp (5 grams)
- Nutmeg - 1 (4 gram)
- Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp (10 grams)
- Carom seeds - 1 tbsp (3 grams)
How to make pav bhaji masala powder
Take whole coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, brown cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, clove, dry pomegranate seeds and carom seeds in a pan and dry roast them for a minute or so. Then transfer to another plate and let them cool down.
Take all the ingredients in mixture jar and grind them finely. After grinding the spices, don't open up the jar's lid immediately as the spices powder can get inside your eyes and mouth. Open the jar after 2 minutes. Masala is now done and ready.
Pass the prepared spice powder through a sieve strainer and grind all the left over spices again in the mixture jar. Strain the masala again.
Pav bhaji masala is now ready. Store the prepared masala in any air tight container and use for up to 6 months.
- For making 150 grams of spice powder
- Time - 25 minutes
- fried donuts recipe
- flax seeds recipe
- pav bhaji spice mix
- pavbhaji masala
- Rava vadalu
- Semolina Donut