Sabudana Khichdi Recipe for Vrat
Sabudana khichdi is usually consumed during fasting. It takes very less time to make this tempting khichdi. Boiled potatoes and coarsely ground peanuts enhance the flavor of this scrumptious khichdi. You can have this khichdi at as light breakfast as well apart from just having them in fasts.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Sabudana Khichdi Recipe for Vrat
Ingredients for Sago Khichdai
- Sago pearls – 1 cup (150 grams)
- Boiled potatoes – 2 medium
- Ghee or refined oil – 2 to 3 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – less than ¼ tsp
- Green chilly – 1 to 2 finely chopped
- Black peppercorns – 7 to 8 coarsely ground
- Peanuts – ½ cup (roasted and peeled)
- Sendha salt – 1 tsp
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon – 1 small size
Rinse the sago pearls thoroughly and soak them in ½ cup water for 5 to 6 hours or overnight. Stir the sago pearls nicely to separate the pearls.
For making khichdi, heat some ghee in a non stick pan or wok. When the ghee is rightly hot, add cumin seeds to it. Then add turmeric powder, finely chopped green chilly, coarsely ground black peppercorns, roasted peanuts and finely chopped potatoes. Mix everything really well. Now mix sabudana and sendha salt to it and stir well.
Cover the khichdi and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame. Check the khichdi after 2 minutes. Stir well. Cover again and let it cook for 2 more minutes. Stir the khichdi again really well. Cover it again and continue cooking the sago pearls until they get transparent. With 7 to 8 minutes khichdi gets ready.
Mix some green coriander and lemon juice and khichdi is now ready. Transfer the khichdi to a plate. Garnish with some green coriander. Serve this mouth drooling and yummy sabudana khichdi with steaming hot and enjoy!
- If you don’t relish eating black pepper then omit its use.
- If you are not making this khichdi for fasting then use normal plain salt instead of sendha salt. And also you can add some finely chopped green chilies, red chilly or capsicum so on to the khichdi. You will like it for sure.
- For 2 to 4 members
- Time – 15 minutes
- Khichdi Recipe
- Namkeen Snacks Recipe
- Navratri Vrat Recipe
- Festival recipes
- Less oil snacks recipe
- Indian Festival Recipe