Mini samosa recipe - Potato stuffed Mini Samosa
These tempting and scrumptious potato stuffed samosa can be served as starter or finger food in any party.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Mini samosa recipe - Potato stuffed Mini Samosa
Ingredients for Potato stuffed Mini Samosa
For Kneading Dough:
- Refined flour - 1.5 cup (200 grams)
- Ghee - 2 tbsp (40 grams)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Potato - 3 (200 grams) (Boiled)
- Green coriander - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green peas - 2 tbsp
- Green chilly - 1 (finely minced)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch long piece (grated)
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala - less than 1/4 tsp
- Mango powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - for frying
How to make Mini samosa
Take refined flour in a bowl and add salt, ghee into it. Mix well and knead stiff and tight dough by adding water little by little (we have used less than 1/2 cup of water for kneading this much quantity of flour). Cover and keep aside the dough for 20 minutes to set.
Peel the boiled potatoes and mash finely. Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok and place peas into it. Saute for a while until peas get soft. Now add ginger, green chilly, coriander powder, finely mashed potatoes, red chilly powder, roasted cumin powder, mango powder, garam masala and salt. Mix all ingredients really well and add some green coriander as well. Saute for 2 minutes by stirring two minutes.
Stuffing is ready, take it out in a plate and allow it to cool down.
Grease your hands with some oil and knead the dough again. Make small lumps from the dough. Take one dough ball and roll out into poori with 2.5 to 3 inch diameter. Divide the rolled poori into two equal halves. Lift one part and fold giving it a cone shape. Stick the edges using some water.
Stuff the cone with potato stuffing. Give a plate at the back of the samosa and stick the edges using some water. Place the samosa on a plate in erect position. Likewise fry all samosas and place them on the plate. Cover and keep aside the samosa for 1/2 to 1 hour.
Take some oil in a wok for frying the samosas. When the oil is medium hot, place 7 to 8 samosas or as many samosas as possible in the wok and fry on medium-low flame until samosas turn golden brown in color. Take out the fried samosas and place them over a plate with absorbent paper. Similarly, fry all samosas.
Piping hot and mouth drooling mini samosas are ready. Serve these tempting samosas with green coriander chutney, sweet chutney or tomato sauce and relish eating.
- Add moen in refined flour prior kneading it, samosa tastes tastier.
- The dough should be stiff and tight.
- While make the cone and sticking the edges, use water and stick well.
- Leave aside the stuffed samosas for half an hour as this prevent the formation of bubbles at the time of frying.
- For 35 to 40 samosas
- Time - 75 minutes