Punjabi Masala Mathri Recipe
Crusty and crunchy Punjabi masala mathri prepared with desi spices is really scrumptious. These tantalizing mathris can be prepared for any festival.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Punjabi Masala Mathri Recipe
Ingredients for Punjabi Masala Mathri
- Refined Flour - 2 cups (250 grams)
- Wheat flour - 1/2 cup (75 grams)
- Gram flour - 1/2 cup (50 grams)
- Semolina - 1/4 cup (50 grams)
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Clove - 4
- Salt - Less than 1 tsp or to taste
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Dry Fenugreek leaves - 2 tbsp
How to make Masala Mathri
Coarsely ground coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper and clove.
Take big bowl and place refined flour, wheat flour, gram flour, semolina, salt, cumin seed, carom seeds, asafoetida, dry fenugreek leaves and coarsely ground spices. Mix all ingredients really well and add some oil as well. Now add water little by little and knead stiff and tight dough.
Cover and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Dough is now set, knead the dough again until smooth. Now make small lumps from the dough. Take one lump, place it on your palm and flatten it slightly with another hand. Place this over a plate. Likewise, flatten all the dough balls.
Take some oil in a wok and heat sufficiently. Place as many mathris as possible in the wok and fry on medium-low flame until they turn golden brown in color. Take out the fried mathris in a plate. Fry rest of the mathris as well. Likewise, fry all the mathris.
Once the mathris cool, store them in any air tight container and relish eating for up to 2 months. Serve any tarty pickle with these mathris and relish eating.
- Make sure you knead stiff and tight dough for making mathris. Oil for frying the mathris should not be too hot. Mathris fried on low flame turn out crusty and crispy.
- You can even roll the mathris on a rolling board with help of a rolling pin instead of flattening them with hands. Roll the mathris thick and prick with a fork.
- For 25 to 30 mathris
- Time - 70 minutes
- Snacks Recipes
- Punjabi Recipes
- Indian Regional Recipes
- Mathri Recipe
- Deep Fry Snacks
- Festival recipes
- Holi recipes
- Deepawali Sweets Recipe
- Raksha Bandhan