Til Atta Barfi Recipe
Everyone relish eating dishes prepared with sesame seeds, especially during winters. Often, sesame seeds is used to prepare sesame seeds ladoo, sesame seeds barfi, sesame seeds chikki and so on. Today we are going to make barfi with sesame seeds and flour.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Til Atta Barfi Recipe
Ingredients for Til Atta Barfi
- Sesame seeds - 1 cup (130 grams)
- Wheat flour - 1 cup (150 grams)
- Sugar - 1 cup (250 grams)
- Ghee - 1/2 cup (125 grams)
- Almonds - 10-12
- Cashews - 10-12
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
How to make Til Atta Barfi
Preheat pan, add sesame seeds. Stir constantly and cook on medium flame until sesame seeds slightly change in color and get puffy. Take out the seeds in separate bowl. Add ghee in the wok and place flour into it. Roast on medium flame and keep stirring constantly until it releases good aroma, turns light brown in color and ghee starts separating from it. Take out roasted flour in a separate bowl.
Chop almonds and cashews in small pieces.
Make Sugar Syrup:
Add sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan. Cook until sugar dissolves in water completely. Take 1-2 drops of sugar syrup in a bowl. Take the sugar syrup between your thumb and index finger and stretch it apart. It should be sticky in texture there should be formation of single thread. Sugar syrup is ready. Reduce the flame and add roasted flour, sesame seeds, chopped almonds, cashews and cardamom powder into it. Mix all ingredients really well.
Drop the mixture in a bowl, if it sets that means mixture is ready. Grease any plate with some ghee and pour the barfi mixture into it. Evenly spread the batter and sprinkle chopped cashews and almonds over the barfi. Press gently with spoon. Keep it aside to set.
Cut the barfi into pieces as per your preference. Scrumptious and delectable barfi is ready. Once til-aata barfi is cooled completely, store it in any air tight container and relish eating for up to 1 month.
- Roasted sesame seeds until they turn slightly brown and puffy. If overcooked they may taste bitter.
- Stir the flour constantly while roasting.
- Cook sugar syrup until it gets setting consistency. Add half the amount of water than sugar as it takes very less time to dissolve the sugar. Within 1-2 minutes, after sugar dissolves, sugar syrup gets ready.