Matar Kachori Recipe
It's so easy to prepare matar kachori that you can make this at a moments notice. You can make and eat this kachori at home, whenever you feel like it. Let's make the Matar Kachori today.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Matar Kachori Recipe
Ingredients for Kachori Flour:
- Wheat flour or maida – 200 gm (2 small bowl)
- Salt - ½ small spoon (or as per taste)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
How to make Matar Pithi
Put the flour in a utensil and mix the salt and oil in it. With the help of 100 gm water (1 small bowl), knead a soft dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
Till then, let's prepare the matar pithi to fill in the kacori.
Ingredients for pithi
- Green peas – 1 small bowl, peeled (Safal frozen matar)
- Oil – 1 tablespoon (to fry the pithi)
- Asafetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seed – half small spoon
- Coriander seed powder – 1 small spoon
- Red chili - ¼ small spoon
- Garam Masala - ¼ small spoon
- Amchur Powder - ¼ small spoon
- Green chili – 2 to 3 (cut finely)
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece (grated)
- Coriander – 1 tablespoon (cut finely)
- Salt – half small spoon (or as per taste)
- Oil – To fry the kachori
How to make Matar ki Kachori
Grind the green peas in a grinder.
Put oil in a frying pan and heat it. Add asafetida and cumin seed. After the cumin seed turns brown, add coriander powder and grinded green peas. Now add red chili, garam masala, amchur powder, green chili, ginger, coriander and salt. Fry the mixture for 5 to 6 minutes. The pithi to fill the kachori is ready now.
Dough for the kachori and pithi to fill the kachori are now ready. Put oil in the frying pan and heat it. Take out a small lump (size of lemon) from the dough and shape it like a ball. Roll and flatten the dough into a disk of 1 ½ to 2 inches diameter. Put one small spoon of pithi on the flattened dough and close it with your fingers. Now press it into an oval shape so that the pithi spreads evenly inside it. Now again roll it into a flattened disk of 2 ½ to 3 inches diameter. Like this use all the dough and pithi to make these flattened disks. Now put 3 to 4 of these dough disks in the frying pan and fry them till they turn light brown. Take them out in a plate. Put another lot of flattened dough in the frying pan. Like this fry all the pieces.
The all time favorite Matar Kachori are now ready to serve and eat hot along with potato masala sabji or coriander chutney.