Baigan Mooli ke Patte ki Sabzi/Brinjal with Radish Leaves
You cook brinjal with potatoes but have you tried making brinjal with radish leaves? The mouth watering flavour of Brinjal with Radish Leaves/Mooli ke Patte ki Sabzi will surely enthrall you and your family...
हिन्दी में पढिये - Baigan Mooli ke Patte ki Sabzi/Brinjal with Radish Leaves
Ingredients for Fried Brinjal with Radish Leaves
- Brinjal - 500 grams ( without seeds)
- Radish Leaves - 1 bunch or 1 kg
- Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) - 1 pinch
- Jeera(cumin seeds) - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder - 1 tsp
- Green chilly - 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece (finely chopped)
- Salt - add to taste (3/4 tsp)
- Red chilly powder - Half of 1/4 tsp(if you prefer more spicy)
- Amchur(mango powder) - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Green coriander - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- How to make Baigan Mooli ke Patte ki Sabzi
Break off the stem of the brinjals, wash and keep on a plate.
Remove the fat stems of the radish leaves, wash the soft leaves twice with water. Place leaves vertically in a strainer or on a plate to remove excess water. Chop the washed leaves finely.
Fill water in a big bowl and cut the brinjals into big pieces.
Pour oil in a frying pan(kadhai) and heat put Heeng and Jeera in hot oil. After Jeera turns light brown add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chopped green chillies and chopped ginger in the pan. Fry the spices gently.(keep a low flame while frying the spices).
Once spices are fried, put brinjal pieces and chopped radish leaves followed by salt and red chilly powder. Stir fry the vegetables for 2 minutes and let them mix with the spices. Add 2-3 tbsp water to the vegetables, cover with a lid and cook on a low flame for 7-8 minutes. Open the lid and check if brinjal pieces and radish leaves have become soft, if not then see if the amount of water is less in the vegetables and add 1-2 tbsp water. Cover the vegetables and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
This dish of Brinjal with Radish Leaves is ready. Turn off the gas, put Garam masala to the vegetables followed by half of the coriander leaves and mix.
A tempting dish made of Brinjal with Radish Leaves is ready, take it out in a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot Brinjal with Radish Leaves curry with chapati, parantha or rice.Eggplant Mooli ke Patte ki Sabzi video in Hindi