Coconut Kheer/Nariyal Kheer Recipe
We always look forward to eat something cold and sweet after dinner, Coconut Kheer is a good option as an after dinner dessert.
Rice is also mixed in Coconut Kheer when made in the South Indian way, but in North India this Kheer is made with raw coconut without adding any rice. Rice is excluded so that it can also be eaten during fasts. Today we will prepare delicious Kheer from raw and sweet coconut.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Coconut Kheer/Nariyal Kheer Recipe
- Ingredients for Coconut Kheer
- Raw coconut - 1 (medium sized)
- Milk - 1 litre (full cream)
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 15 to 16 (cut into 6-7 pieces)
- Raisins - 25 to 30 (break the stems and wash)
- Sugar - 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Elaichi(cardamom) - 4 to 5 (peel and crush)
- Almond - 4 to 5(finely chopped)
- How to make Coconut Kheer
Pour milk in a thick based pan to boil.
Grate the coconut, pour Ghee in a frying pan(kadhai) then put the grated coconut in it. Fry till coconut turns light brown.
Once the milk comes to boil, add fried coconut to it, cook till the milk comes to boil again as you stir regularly with a spoon.
Now mix cashew nuts and raisins in to the Kheer and cook till it turns thick. Stir from time to time to prevent Kheer from sticking at the base. Kheer is ready once coconut and milk have blended well together. Turn off the gas, put sugar and Elaichi in Kheer and mix properly.
Coconut Kheer is ready, take t out in a bowl and garnish with almonds chopped into thin strips.
You can serve it hot or cold.