Golden Crispy Arbi (Colocasia)
How do you make colocasia usually? Try golden crispy colocasia today.
We generally make Arbi Curd Curry and Masaledar Arbi Fry but if you want to make something special at home and you don’t have any problem with fried food then try Golden Crispy Arbi. It is a lip smacking dish.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Golden Crispy Arbi (Colocasia)
Ingredients for Golden Crispy Arabi
- Arbi (Colocasia) – 10 medium (250 grams)
- Oil – 100 grams
- Asafetida (Hing) – 1-2 pinch
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) - ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds(Jeera) - ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya) – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) - ¼ tea spoon
- Green chili – 2 -3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger (Adrak) – 1” inch piece (grate it)
- Red chili – ¼ tea spoon
- Dry mango powder (Amchoor) - ¼ tea spoon
- Garam Masala - ¼ tea spoon
- Salt – to taste (3/4 teaspoon)
- Green Coriander (Dhaniya) - 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
How to cook Colocasia
Wash, boil, cool and peel colocasia. Flatten peeled colocasia by pressing it in between your palms.
Heat oil in karai (wok). Deep fry colocasia in hot oil, 4-5 pieces at a time. Turn sides and fry till colocasia turns golden brown. Fry all colocasia in the same way.
To fry colocasia, leave 1 or 1 ½ table spoon oil in wok. Crackle asafoetida, cumin seeds and carom seeds in hot oil. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chilli and ginger. Now add fried colocasia. Add salt, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and garam masala and stir for 3-4 minutes.
Your tasty Golden Crispy Colocasia is ready. Garnish with green coriander and serve with parantha, chapatti or naan.
- अरबी के पत्ते की सब्जी (Arbi ke patte -Arbi Patora )
- दही की अरबी (Arbi Dahi Rasa)
- अरबी का भरता (Arbi ka bharata)
- बंगाली अरबी (Bengali Arbi Recipe
- मसालेदार अरबी (masaledar arbi)