Aloo Chop | Kolkata Style Aloor Chop
Oozing with flavors here is an amazing snack to relish with tea, coffee , soft drinks. Everyone will relish it. Tomato Sauce and chutney enhances the taste of this.
Ingredients for Aloo Chop :
- Boiled potatoes - 4 (300gms)
- Chicpea flour - 1/2 cup brimmed (60 gms)
- Peanuts - 2 tbsp (roasted and coarsely ground)
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch (grated )
- Green chilies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Carom seeds - less than 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - less than 1 tsp ( to taste)
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 pinch
- Oil - for frying
How to make Potato Chop :
Take chickpea flour in a mixing bowl. Add water in small portion and whisk until lumps dissolve, make batter of the same consistency as same as that of pakoras. Add more water and prepare thin batter. Less than 1/2 cup water is used to make the thin batter). Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, add less tha 1/4 tsp carom seeds, baking soda.Mix all ingredients well.Batter is ready keep it aside.
For Stuffing, take potatoes, peel and mash them.
Meanwhile heat a pan, Add 2 tsp oil once hot add cumin seeds. Reduce flame. Add finely chopped green chillies, ginger pieces grated, turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, Slightly roast the spices.
Add the mashed potatoes. Add 1/4 tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp Garam masala, 1/2 tsp salt, Mix all ingredients and roast potatoes.Add green coriander, roasted and ground peanuts. Mix well. The peanuts are optional. Once ready, let them cool.
Meanwhile heat some oil. For chop lift some mix and make it round then press and flatten it. shape all likewise.
Whisk the batter for a while. Dip the tikki in batter and put to fry on high flame. Flip and fry well until golden brown from both sides. Turn flame to medium. Fry for 2 to 3 more minutes until crisp, then take these out. Keep in plate. Fry all the chops likewise.
Steaming hot Aloo Chops are ready as snacks. Relish them anytime.
- Do not make the batter too thin or thick.
- Oil should be very hot for frying the chop, after frying for 4 to 5 minutes lower the flame, after that, fry these well until crisp.
- You can also mix rice flour, semolina or cornflour to it.
- You can skip peanuts if desired.