Amla Murabba with Jaggery |
Everyone has enjoyed the taste of nurabba cooked in sugar syrup. It is time you try out Amla murabba cooked in jaggery.
Ingredients for Amla Murabba with jaggery
- Gooseberries - 7 ( 250 gms )
- Jaggery - 1.25 cup ( 300 gms ) ( crumbled )
- Lemon - 1
How to make Amla Murabba with jaggery
Take big gooseberries washed and dried.
To steam the gooseberries
Take 2 cup water in a vessel, to boil. Cover the water so that it boils quickly. As water boils place colander over it. Keep gooseberries in it. Cover and cook it for 8 minutes, keep flame medium.
After getting steamed, gooseberries have turned soft. Then turn off flame. Keep the gooseberries in a plate, to cool it quickly. As the gooseberries cool down, poke them with fork, very close to each other. Poke all likewise, keep in an air tight container. Take jaggery put it over the gooseberries, close the lid, keep it in sunlight or in room till jaggery melts and turns into syrup for upto 2 days.
For jaggery syrup
After 2 days, jaggery has melt, to make it dense, put gooseberries to cook in the wok, turn on flame. Cook the jaggery syrup until dense for 5 minutes, check it by pouring few drops,
Pour a few drops from the ladle and check if it is sticky.If it drops slowly it is sticky enough. Turn off flame, murabba is ready, let it cool.
As the murabba cools down. Add 1 lemon's juice to it, stir well. Murabba is ready keep it in a bowl.
Gur amla Murabba is ready to be relished. It is very beneficial for health.
- Take big sized gooseberries as they are less sour in taste.
- Make sure the container you take is sterilized.
- Rather than making the syrup dense you can keep it out in sunlight for 15 to 20 days.
- Lemon juice is added to murabba to make it more tangy as the gooseberries are sweet in taste.
- If desired you can add black pepper and black salt in the murabba. It adds more flavor to the murabba.
- When gooseberries are steamed its nutrients remain intact.
- To store murabba for a longer period of time, dip the gooseberries completely in syrup. If it is less, then make some syrup and add it to the gooseberries.
- amla murabba
- amla murabba with jaggery
- amla jaggery murabba
- gooseberry murabba with jaggery
- amla murabba gur wala
- gur avla murabba