Beetroot Fry Sabzi Recipe - Chukandar Ki Sabji Recipe
Everyone relish eating beetroots enriched with Iron, Minerals and Vitamins in salads. Today we have nutritious sabzi prepared with these beetroots.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Beetroot Fry Sabzi Recipe - Chukandar Ki Sabji Recipe
Ingredients for Chukandar Ki Sabji Recipe
- Beetroots – 2 (250 grams)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp or 1 inch piece grated
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – less than ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp or 10-12 peppercorns
- Turmeric powder – less than ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp or to taste
How to make Beetroot Fry Sabzi
Rinse the beetroots thoroughly and pat dry the water. Wear polythene gloves and peel the beetroots. Now chop them in chunks.
Heat some oil in a wok and add add cumin seeds and asafoetida to it. When the seeds splatter add turmeric powder, ginger paste, green chili and coriander powder to it. Saute the spices for a while and mix the chopped beetroot chunks to it, followed by black pepper, salt and red chili powder. Stir and cook the sabzi for 2 minutes to coat the chunks nicely with the masala. After this, cover the sabzi and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
After 5 minutes, stir the sabzi again with a spoon. Sabzi is still uncooked so cover again and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir the sabzi again and check. Press down a chunk to see if it has turned tender. Sabzi is reeady, mix dry mango powder and some green coriander to it. Transfer the sabzi to a serving bowl.
Super tempting and nutritious beetroot sabzi is ready, server with poori, paranthas, roti or rice. This much sabzi is sufficient for 4 to 5 members as side dish. Serve and relish eating.
- Wear gloves while cutting beetroots to prevent the color coming on your hands.
- There is no need to put water in the sabzi as beetroots are quite juicy. The juices released from beetroots helps cooking the sabzi.
- Don't cook to make the beetroots tender completely just make it little soft.
- kachche kele ki sabzi
- kachche kele ki sukhi sabzi
- kele ki sabzi
- raw banana sabzi
- beetroot fry sabzi
- beetroot sabji
- beetroot stir fry
- chukandar fry
- chukandar ki sabji
- chukandar sabzi