Sabudana Vada Recipe - Crispy Deep-Fried Sago Wada for Vrat
You can make sabudana vada for navratri or any other fast which are crispy from outside and prepared with sabudana along with boiled potatoes and coarsely ground peanuts. Serve them steaming hot with and chutney or dip and relish eating. Everyone will like this savory dish for sure.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Sabudana Vada Recipe - Crispy Deep-Fried Sago Wada for Vrat In English
Ingredients for Sago Wada
- Medium size Sago pearls – 1 cup (150 grams_ (soaked)
- Potatoes – 5 (300 grams) boiled
- Peanuts – ½ cup (100 grams) (roasted and coarsely ground)
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 8 to 10 (coarsely ground)
- Oil – to fry
How to make Sabudana Vada Crispy
Rinse 1 cup sago pearls and soak them in 1 cup clean water for 2 hours. Drain out the excess water, if visible.
Peel the potatoes and mash them finely. Combine sago pearls, sendha salt, finely chopped green chilly, ginger paste, coarsely ground black pepper, finely chopped green coriander and coarsely ground peanuts. Mix everything really well. Mixture for making vada is now ready.
Heat some oil in a wok or pan. Pinch some mixture, roll it into round shape and flatten using you palm. Place this vada over the plate. Repeat the process until entire mixture is utilized.
Slide one vada in hot oil. If it doesn’t splatter then drop 3 to 4 more vadas and fry until they get golden brown in color. Drain out the fried vadas on a plate covered with kitchen paper towels to remove excess oil. Likewise fry the rest as well.
Sabudana vadas are ready. Serve these tempting steaming hot vadas with green coriander chutney, sweet chutney or tomato sauce and relish eating.
- Oil for frying the vadas should be rightly hot else the vadas will absorb too much oil or will splatter.
- If not making these vadas for fast then use plain salt and red chilly powder.
- For 18 to 20 vadas
- Time – 50 minutes