Mawa Gazak Recipe - Khoya Gajak
Mawa gajak patti is one of the famous and special gajak of Agra. This tempting gajak is crispy and little soft to eat. It takes very less ingredients and time to prepare this scrumptious til mawa gajak.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Mawa Gazak Recipe - Khoya Gajak
Ingredients for Mawa Gazak Recipe
- Mawa – 250 grams
- Sesame seeds – 1 cup (150 grams)
- Powdered sugar – less than 1.5 cup (200 grams)
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Cashews – 4 to 5
How to make Khoya Gajak Patti
Start with roasting sesame seeds for making the gajak. For this, place a pan on flame and add sesame seeds to it. Stir roast until there is little change in color and the seeds get puffy.
When the seeds are roasted well, turn off the flame and transfer the sesame seeds to a plate.
Now add 1 tsp ghee in the same pan and let it melt. Then add crumbled mawa to it. Roast the mawa on low flame till there is slight change in color. Then add powdered sugar to the roasted mawa and mix well. Now cook until mawa and sugar blend well. Then add roasted sesame seeds to the mixture, followed by cardamom powder. Stir and continue stirring for a minute or so on low flame. Turn off the flame now and let the mixture cool down.
On a board or kitchen top, spread a polythene sheet and grease the sheet with some ghee. Now pour the mixture over it. Apply some ghee to your hands and spread the mixture evenly. Grease the rolling pin as well and roll out the mixture very gently in square shape. Keep it little thin.
Sprinkle the finely chopped cashews over the mixture and press with a rolling pin. Now cut the mixture in small to big chunks as desired. Keep aside the gajak to set.
Gajak is now done and ready, separate out the chunks from polythene sheet and place them in a plate. Gajak is now ready to serve. Keep it aside for 3 to 4 hours so that it dries up completely. You store this scrumptious Til mawa gajak in any container. The gajak keeps well for up to 6 to 7 days if kept outside and for 10 to 12 days if stored in refrigerator.
- Roast the sesame seeds till they puff up and you see slight change in color. It takes 4 to 5 minutes to roast the sesame seeds. Over roasting the sesame seeds give them a bitter taste.
- Also, roast the mawa until you see slight change in color and it gets fragrant.
- If the gajak is little soft then keep it aside for 10 to 12 hours to set. It will get dry. But if the gajak is still soft then cook the gajak mixture again in the wok and stir continuously until it melts. This can take 2 minutes and then follow the same procedure to set the gajak.
- For 550 gram gajak
- Time - 30 minutes