Cabbage Kofta Recipe
You will definitely relish eating cabbage kofta curry prepared with koftas of grated cabbage in gram flour and freshly ground spices and spicy tomato gravy. This curry cab be served with chapatti, rice and paranthas.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Cabbage Kofta Recipe - Band Gobi ke Kofte
Ingredients for Cabbage Kofta Recipe
- Cabbage – ½ (200 grams)
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Gram flour – ½ cup
- Oil – for frying
- Tomato – 4 to 5 (200-250 grams)
- Ginger – 1 inch long baton
- Green chilly – 1
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves – 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – less than 1 tsp or as per taste
- Garam masala – less than ¼ tsp
How to make Cabbage Kofta Recipe
Grate the cabbage. Add chopped green chilly, salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, some green coriander and 4 to 5 tbsp gram flour to it. Mix all ingredients really well. Batter for making koftas is ready.
Take enough oil in a pan and heat it sufficiently. Make small lump from the mixture, roll in a round shape.
When oil is hot, place the koftas or place as many koftas as possible at a time. Keep tossing until they turn golden brown in color from all sides. Take out the fried koftas in a plate. Similarly fry rest of the koftas.
Wash tomatoes, green chilly and ginger thoroughly and cut them in big chunks. Ground all these ingredients together to make a fine paste.
Take 2 tbsp in oil in a pan and heat it. When oil is hot, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fenugreek leaves. After sautéing for while, add tomato-ginger-green chilly paste and sauté them on low flame until oil starts floating on the surface. Oil has started separating from the masala, now add 2 to 3 tbsp gram flour into it and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add red chilly powder and stir the masala constantly for 2 minutes. Oil starts separating from the masala. Now add 1 cup water, salt and garam masala to the masala. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Gravy is ready, add green coriander to it. Also, place all the koftas to the gravy. Cover and keep is aside.
Cabbage kofta curry is ready, take it out in a bowl and garnish with some green coriander. Serve steaming hot sabzi with chapatti, parantha, naan and rice and relish eating.
- You can make gravy for the koftas as per your taste and preference. If you wish to add onion to the gravy, then take 1 to 2 onions, chop them finely and add after sautéing the cumin seeds. Saute until they get slightly pinkish in color. Rest follow the same method for making the sabzi.
- For four members
- Time – 40 minutes