Parwal Aloo ki Sookhi Sabji - Patol Aloo Sabji Recipe
Parwal is easily available around diwali and winters. We have already prepared parwal korma. Today we'll make parwal potato sabzi.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Parwal Aloo ki Sookhi Sabji
Ingredients for Aloo Parwal Ki Sabzi
- Parwal (pointed gourd) - 7-8 (250 grams)
- Potato - 3 (250 grams)
- Mustard oil - 2-3 tbsp
- Green coriander - 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Fennel powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - less than 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder - less than 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated)
- Salt - less than 1 tsp (as per taste)
- Mango powder - 1/4 tsp
How to make Aloo Parwal Fry
Peel and wash parwal and potatoes. Chop them in small chunks. Preheat oil in a pan. When oil is sufficiently hot, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chilly and ginger. Saute for while. Add chopped vegetables, salt, red chilly powder and mix all ingredients nicely. Vegetables should be nicely coated with spices.
Add 3-4 tbsp water in sabzi, cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Check the sabzi after 5 minutes and stir nicely. Cover again and cook for another 5 minutes. Again check the sabzi. If there is need to add more water then add 2-3 tbsp of water into it. Cook until potatoes get soft. Now add fennel powder, garam masala and mango powder. Mix well. Cook sabzi for 3 more minutes. Mix coriander in the sabzi.
Sabzi is ready,take it out in a bowl and garnish with green coriander. Serve aloo parwal sabzi with chapatti, parantha, naan or rice and relish eating.
- Stir and check the sabzi at regular intervals so that spices get mixed nicely.
- You can replace mango powder with tomatoes.
- Add some more amount of water to make this sabzi with gravy.
- You can also use any other oil apart from mustard oil.
- For 3-4 members
- Time - 18-20 minutes