Shahi Paneer Recipe
Everyone relish eating almost every dish prepared with paneer but shahi paneer is the most popular recipe. This scrumptious recipe is part of every party, special occasions or whenever we have guests coming to our house. Making shahi paneer sabzi is really easy.
You can make shahi paneer sabzi with or with frying the paneer chunks. We are making shahi paneer sabzi with fried paneer chunks. So, let's making this tempting recipe.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Shahi Paneer Recipe
Ingredients for Shahi Paneer
- Paneer - 500 grams ( chunks 3 cups)
- Tomato - 5 (medium size)
- Green chilly - 2
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Ghee or oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - less than 1/4 tsp
- Cashews - 25 to 30 (2 tbsp)
- Malai or cream - 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste (3/4 tsp)
- Green coriander - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
How to Make Shahi Paneer
Cut paneer in square chunks and heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick wok. Place the chunks over it and roast until they get slightly brown in color. Take out the fried chunks on a plate.
Soak the cashews in water for half an hour and ground to make a fine paste.
Grind tomato, ginger and green chilly to make a paste. Take out the paste in a bowl and whisk the malai in a mixture grinder.
Heat ghee and butter in a wok. When ghee is hot, add cumin seeds. After sauteing cumin seeds for a while, add turmeric powder and coriander power. Saute for few minutes and add tomato paste. Stir constantly and keep sauteing. Now add cashew paste and malai to the masala and saute until oil starts separating from it. Add water as desired to make gravy. Also add salt and red chilly powder.
When the gravy starts simmering, place the paneer chunks and cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes so that paneer chunks absorb all the spices. Shahi paneer sabzi is ready, turn off the flame and add some green coriander and garam masala.
Take out the shahi paneer sabzi in a bowl. Garnish with some chopped coriander and serve steaming hot shahi paneer sabzi with rice, naan, parantha or chapatti and relish eating.
- If you prefer eating onions, then take 1 to 2 onions and 4 to 5 garlic cloves and chop finely. After sauteing the cumin seeds, add chopped onions and garlic. Saute for a while until onions turns pinkish in color. Rest follow the same procedure.
- Time - 40 minutes
- For 4 to 5 members