Kaddu Poori Recipe - Red Pumpkin Poori Recipe
Pumpkin Poori can be salty as well as sweet. The salty pumpkin poori is as soft as a normal poori but tastes like a kachori. If you want to prepare special kind of poori on festivals and special occasions, then you can make hot and crispy Red Pumpkin Masala Poori.
हिन्दी में पढिये - Kaddu Poori Recipe in Hindi
Ingredients for Kaddo Poori
- Ripe Pumpkin - 500 gms. (grated 3 cups)
- Wheat Flour - 350 gms. (3 cup)
- Gram Flour - 75 gms. (2/3 cup)
- Salt - 2/3 tea spoon (according to the taste)
- Carom seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Oil - 1 table spoon.
- Oil - to fry
How to make Kaddu Poori
We take ripe yellow pumpkin to make pumpkin poori. We can boil pumpkin in 2 ways to make pumpkin poori.
- Peel thepumpkin, take out the seeds from it and cut it into big pieces. Wash the pieces and put them into the cooker with 1 cup water. Pressure the cooker for upto 1 whistle. Or,
- Peel the pumpkin, take out the seeds and grate it. Take a pan and put the grated pumpkin into the it with 1 table spoon water. Boil it on a medium flame till the pumpkin becomes tender.
sieve the wheat flour and gram flour in a bowl. Put salt, carom seeds, oil and boiled pumpkin into it. Mix all the ingredients well. Knead the mixture without water. Boiled pumpkin is enough to knead the flour. You can add little water if required. Cover the dough and leave it for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes apply some oil on your palms and knead the flour again to grease it. Now make small balls of the dough. Make as many balls as you can from the dough.
Heat oil in a pan. Meanwhile, take one dough ball and roll it out on a roller board to form a flat disc of 3-31/2 inch. Roll out all the balls in the same manner. Now put 1 poori in a pan and fry it till it gets brown in colour. Flip and turn the poori while frying it so it rises up. Fry the other pooris in the same manner and take them out on a plate.
Your delicious Pumpkin Poori is ready. Serve the pooris with aloo matar recipe, cauliflower recipe, cauliflower potato recipe, chutney or pickle.