You can make curry with Tinda(apple gourd)in various ways. Bharwa Tinda is very good in taste. It is very easy to prepare, so let us try making it ourselves.
- Ingredients for Bharwa Tinda
- Tinde(apple gourds) ——— 300 grams(7-8 small sized)
- Oil ——— 2 tbsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) ——— 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder ——— 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder ——— 1/2 tsp
- Amchur(mango) powder ——— 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala ——— 1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder ——— 1 tsp
- Saunff(fennel) powder ——— 1 tsp
- Green chillies ——— 2 (finely chopped)
- Salt ——— add to taste or 1/2 tsp
- Green coriander ———- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- How to make Bharwa Tinda
Peel apple gourds and wash them. Now make a cut on the gourds shaped like + so that it is joined at the base.
Put all the spices(in the given amount) in a bowl and mix them together. Divide the spices in equal portion according to the number of gourds. Stuff spices in the cut marked gourds. Fill all the gourds and keep them on a plate.
Heat oil in a frying pan(kadhai) and put the stuffed gourds in it one by one. Cover the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on a low flame. Now open the lid and turn the gourds over one at a time. Cook for another 5-6 minutes with the lid on. Open the lid and if you feel any gourd is less cooked then bring it in the center of the pan and set the ones in the middle to the side. Turn the gourds over and cook in this way for 2-3 minutes more.Stuffed Tinda are ready.
Take out Tinda in a bowl and garnish with green coriander. Serve Stuffed Tinda/Bharwa Tinda with parantha, chapati or naan.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 20 to 25 minutesTinda Masala Bharwan Recipe video in Hindi