Dalia Burfi/Broken Wheat Burfi Recipe
Dali Burfi is really tasty, you can make Broken Wheat Burfi on any festival and give your guests a treat. So let us make Daliya Burfi.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Dalia Burfi/Broken Wheat Burfi Recipe
- Ingredients for Dalia Burfi
- Wheat Daliya - 100 grams(1/2 cup)
- Milk - 300 grams(1 1/2 cup)
- Ghee - 100 grams (1/2 cup)
- Mawa(dried milk) - 200 grams(1 cup)
- Sugar - 200 grams (1 cup) powdered
- Cashew nuts - 15 to 20 (cut 1 nut into 6-7 pieces)
- Chiraunji(charoli) - 1 tbsp
- Elaichi(cardamom) - 6 to 7
- Pistachios - 10 to 12 (finely chopped)
- How to make Dalia Burfi
Take put Dalia on a plate and clean it.
Pour 2 tsp Ghee in a frying pan(kadhai) and fry Dali till it turns light brown. Put Dalia in milk and boil(put milk and Dalia in the cooker and boil till 1 whistle goes off.
Pour 1 tbsp Ghee in the pan and fry Dalia some more, add 1 more tbsp Ghee then fry Dalia till it turn pink in color.
Fry Mawa separately till it turns light pink. Now add sugar to it and fry till sugar melts. Put fried Dalia, chopped cashew nuts and Chironji to fried Mawa-sugar mixture, stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the gas and put Elaichi powder in this mixture.
Grease a tray or plate with little Ghee. Put the mixture in the plate and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle finely chopped pistachios on top then press gently using a ladle/spoon. Barfi will be solid and ready in 1 hour. Now cut desired shapes of the Barfi with a knife.
Delicious Broken Wheat Burfi made from Dalia is ready. Store Burfi in a n air-tight container. You can eat this Barfi for 10 days if you kept in the fridge.