Baby Potatoes Masala (Chote Masale Wale Aloo)
Winter brings new potatoes in the market. New baby potatoes are also available and taste even better than big potatoes. We will cook baby potatoes masala today.
Ingredients for Chote Masale Wale Aloo
- Baby Potatoes (Aloo) – 400 grams (20 potatoes)
- Tomato – 2-3 (Medium)
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Ginger (Adrak) – 1” inch piece
- Oil - 1-2 table spoon
- Asafetida (Hing) – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) - ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder (Dhaniya) – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) - ¼ tea spoon
- Cream (Malai) – 1-2 tablespoon (optional)
- Red chili powder – ¼ tea spoon
- Garam Masala –little less than ¼ tea spoon
- Green Coriander (Dhaniya) - 2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
How to make Baby Potatoes Masala
Wash potatoes. Peel, wash and keep them in water.
Wash tomatoes, ginger and chili and grind to paste.
Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add in order: asafetida, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and coriander powder and sauté. Add tomato paste and cream in masala and sauté till oil separates.
Add potatoes to this masala and mix, then add red chili and garam masala. For dry potatoes: add 1 tablespoon water, salt to taste and close the lid of the cooker. Turn off the gas after 1 whistle.
You can also make curry potatoes. For curry potatoes: Add 1 glass os water instead of 1 tablespoon, salt to taste and close the lid of the cooker. Turn off the gas after 1 whistle. Open when pressure drops, masala potatoes are ready. Serve with parantha, chapatti, naan or rice.
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time – 25 minutes