Arbi Patra Fry Recipe - Arbi Patora Recipe
Arbi (colocasia) leaves are available in the market nowadays. You can easily make Arbi Patra fry from them. Arbhi Patra fry can be eaten with paranthas or chapatis or you can also consume this recipe in the form of namkeen in the evening or in the morning with tea. Today we will make Arbi Ke Patte - Arbhi Patora Fry recipe today.
इस रेसीपी को हिन्दी में देखिये - Arbi Patora Fry
Ingredients for Arbi ke Patte
- Colocasia (Arbi) leaves - 250 gms. (12-15 leaves)
Ingredients to make Gram Flour Batter.
- Gram flour - 125 gms.
- Salt - 1/3 tea spoon (or according to the taste)
- Red Chilli powder - less than 1/4 tea spoon.
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon.
Ingredients to fry the Recipe.
- Oil - 2 table spoon.
- Heeng - 1-2 pinch.
- Carom seeds - 1 tea spoon.
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Green chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece (grated)
- Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tea spoon.
- Red chilli powder - 2 pinch.
- Amchoor powder - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Garam masala - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Salt - 1/4 tea spoon (or according to the taste)
- Coriander leaves - 1 table spoon (chopped)
Method - How to make Arbi ke Patte - Arbi Patora
Take soft tender leaves of arbi, break their stems, and wash them under fresh running water. Put the leaves on the strainer and strain all the water from the leaves. The leaves should not break into while washing.
Sieve the gram flour and make a thick batter by adding water to it. Put salt, red chilli powder, and coriander powder into the batter and mix well.
Keep the arbi leaves on a plate facing the upper surface and apply thin layer of the gram flour paste. Roll the leaf and fold it as shown in the picture after applying the gram flour paste on it. Prepare all the leaves in the same way.
Now steam these leaves for 15 minutes. To steam the leaves put them on the separator over the cooker or boil 500 gms of water in a vessel, place a forge stand over it, keep the leaves on the stand and cover the stand with a lid to steam them.
Open the lid, let the leaves cool down and cut them into 1 inch long piece.
heat oil in a pan and tamper the heeng, cumin seeds, carom seeds and mustard seeds. Once the cumin seeds turns brown add turmeric powder, green chilli, ginger, coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, salt and garam masala to it. Mix the masala well with the help of a spoon and roast it until brown.
Now put the steamed arbi leaves into the masala pan and mix them well with the masala. Cook it for 3-4 minutes while stirring it continuously. Add chopped coriander leaves into the recipe and mix well. Your Arbi Patra Fry is ready.
Take out thr dish in a serving bowl and serve with hot chapatis, paranthas or naan. You can use the remaining dish in evening snacks with tea.