Radhaballavi Recipe | Bengali Urad Dal stuffed Radhaballabh Poorii
A special dish for breakfast as well as for snacks, relish this amazing poori anytime.
Ingredients for Radhavallabhi poori :
- Refined Flour - 2 cups (250 gms)
- Soaked urad dal- 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - more than 1/4 tsp or as per taste
- Sugar powder - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry Red chili - 2
- Nutmeg - 1 small peice
- Asafoetida - 1/2 pinch
- Oil- for frying
How to make Radha Vallabhi Poori :
Clean and wash urad dal, then soak in water for 3 to 4 hours, remove excess water grind coarse and make paste.
In a mixing bow take refined flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp oil. Mix well. Add water in small quantity and knead medium soft dough. Once Dough is ready, Cover and keep for 20 minutes.
For spice mix,
Heat pan add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nutmeg. Slightly roast the spices until brown, add dry red chillies. Once masala is roasted take it out and keep in plate. Grind to a fine powder.
Heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida, corsely ground urad dal, sugar powder, salt, add the roasted spices too. Mix the dal and spices and roast for 2 minutes.
After 20 minutes Dough is also ready, Divide the dough into parts for the poori.
Make dough balls, meanwhile heat the oil.
Lift a dough ball, expand it. Give a bowl like shape and fill with 1.5 to 2 tsp stuffing. Close stuffing and flatten it. Press and flatten it well with hands. Cover and keep the rest of the dough to prevent it from drying up.
Grease the rolling board with some oil. Lightly roll out the pooris, pressing the edges, Roll out the pooris 5 inch in diameter, keep slightly thick.
Check oil if it is high hot, Put the pooris to fry, Press and puff up the pooris, flip it.
Fry the pooris well until golden brown, then reduce flame, flip and fry.
Stuff , rool out and fry the pooris likewise. Radha Vallabhi poori are ready to be served, relish it with any of your favorite sabzi anytime.
- If desired you can mix 1 cup wheat flour to 1 cup of refined flour.
- Make sure the dough for the pooris is neither too soft nor too stiff.
- Do not over stuff the pooris, Close the stuffing nicely, and sligtly press and roll out the pooris.
- Oil should be rightly hot for frying the pooris, then keep the flame low medium, fry the pooris in medium hot oil.
- If you are using cumn powder and fennel seeds powder , then add these spices after you add asafoetida, and mix them well.
- You can take spices powder instead of fresh spices.
- You can also make this with peas stuffing.