Coconut Fried Rice | How to make Indian Coconut Rice
A Yummy recipe from the south indian delicacies.
Ingredients for Coconut Fried Rice :
- Basmati Rice - 3 cups (cooked)
- Fresh Coconut - 1 cup ( grated )
- Peanut oil - 2 tbsp
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup ( roasted and peeled)
- Green Coriander - 1 tbsp ( finely chopped )
- Black Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chana Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 10 to 12
- Dry Red chilli - 1
- Green Chili - 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt - 3/4 tsp or to taste
How to make Coconut Fried rice :
Heat a pan. Add peanut oil, add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Then add cumin seeds, chana dal. Keep flame medium. Add urad dal. Slightly roast until dal is brown. Break and add 10 to 12 curry leaves, add 1 finely chopped green chili, dry red chili.
Add freshly grated coconut.Slightly roast the coconut.
Add peanut and mix, slightly roast, then add salt. Add cooked rice, Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Coconut Fried Rice is ready, garnish with some green coriander. Coconut fried rice can be served with Papad , chutney, pickle or curd.