Dalia Upma । Broken Wheat upma | Cracked wheat Upma
Loaded with the goodness of veggies this Daliya Upma recipe is very benefecial for your health.
Ingredients for Daliya Upma Recipe :
- Porridge - 1/2 cup
- Carrot- 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- French beans - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- Cauliflower - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Green Coriander- 1 to 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Green chili - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch ( finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - 8 to 10
- Black mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Peanuts- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric - Less than 1/4 tsp
- Salt - More than 1/2 tsp or to taste
How to Make Daliya Upma :
To make dalia upma, put dalia in pan and dry roast it while continuously stirring till it changes color and become fragrant. Tuen off flame. It takes 2 to 3 minutes to roast it. Take it out in a plate.
Heat the cooker and put 1 tsp oil in it to heat. Add black mustard seeds and roast it. After that, add 1/2 tsp urad dal and roast it till pinkish. Lower the flame and add curry leaves, green chili and ginger and mix well. Add chopped veggies- carrot, capsicum, french beans and cauliflower. Roast for 1 minute while continuously stirring them.
Add finely chopped tomato as well and mix it. Add roasted dalia, roasted peanuts and mix them well.
Add 1.25 cup water, turmeric powder and salt to it. Mix them well and cook dalia till 1 whistle. Turn off the flame after whistle blows and let the pressure of the cooker escape itself.
After that, open the lid and slightly stir the dalia. Partially cover it with lid and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
After 5 minutes , mix some green coriander in dalia and take it out in a bowl.
Sumptuous dalia upma is ready. Garnish it with some green coriander. You can use grated coconut as well. Serve it along with your favorite chutney or curd.
This quantity issuffecient for 2 to 3 members.
- You can add veggies to the Daliya as desired. Such as green peas, brocoli etc. or skip those you dislike.
- Using turmeric is optional.