Nimbu ke Chilke ka Achar | Instant Lemon Peel Pickles
Most of us throw away the lemon peels after extracting the juice, you can use it to make lemon pickle. It is very yummy, let's ee how it is made.
Ingredients for Instant Lemon Peel Pickles :
- Squeezed lemon - 1 kg
- Lemon - 8
- Salt - 6 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 2 tbsp
- Mustard oil - 1/2 cup
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Carom seeds - 1 tsp
- Nigella seeds - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 3 tsp
- Red chili powder - 2 tbsp
- Black salt - 4 tbsp
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup
- Fennel powder - 1 tbsp
How to make Nimbu ke Chilke ka Achar :
Take the squeezed lemon, take out the seeds,then cut into small and thin pieces. Cut all likewise. Add turmeric powder, salt mix these well.
To make instant pickle take a vessel add 2 to 3 cups water to it. Turn on flame, cover and let it boil. Take a thali that fits over the vessel. As water boils. Put lemon peel in the thali.
Keep thali over vessel, cover and cook the pickle for 30 minutes. Keep the flame low medium so that there is constant boil in the water.
Check the lemon peel, if peel seems soft then turn off flame. Lift up the thaali and keep on the jali stand.
Heat pan add oil to it, as oil smokes up, reduce flame and let it cool. As it cools, add asafoetida, carom seeds, nigella seeds. Slightly roast them, then turn off flame. Add the lemon peels, stir well. Add garam masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, black salt. Mix the spices well then cover it.
Take out lemon juice, add to pickle. Salted Masala Neembu is ready. Divide the pickle into 2 parts. Add powdered sugar, fennel powder to one bowl of pickle. Mix well.
Lemon peel pickle is ready to be relished, but it tastes best after a week, till that time the spices are absorbed well in the pickle. As it cools fill it in a container.
- To make the pickle the traditional way, keep it in sunlight for 2 to 3 days or you can keep it indoors, for 10 to 15 days, pickle will then be ready.
- Using salt make the pickle skin soft.
- While cooking the peel, keep the flame low medium. If you keep it high then the steam will form quickly and water will come out of the vessel.
- Instead of mustard oil you can use sesame seeds oil too.
- Smoking up the oil a bit, reduces it pungency.
- We have used Degi mirch as it is less spicy and gives good color.
- You can also make the pickle using jaggery.
- Use clean and dry spoon to take out the pickle. Pickle will stay good for long.
- nimboo ke chhilke ka achar
- instant lemon peel pickles
- nimbu chhilko ka achar
- lemon peel pickle
- left over lime rind pickle
- nimboo ke chhilke ka khatta meetha achar
- nimboo chhilko ka masaledar achar
- lemon skin achar