Instant Moong Dal Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa is one delicious recipe. If you are in a rush then make it even without soaking, serve this tasty dishes to you guests and make them happy.
Ingredients for Instant Moong Dal Halwa:
- Moong Dal - 1 cup (200 gms )
- Sugar - 1 cup (200 gms )
- Ghee - 1/2 cup (125 gms )
- Full cream milk - 500ml
- Cashews - 20 to 25 (chopped )
- Almonds - 20 to 25 (finely chopped )
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Pistachios 15 to 20
- Green Cardamoms powder - 6 to 7
How to make Jhatpat Moong Dal Halwa
Take Moong dal, clean it well.
Pour the Moong dal in a pan and roast it dry until golden brown.Roast for 5 minutes. Once golden brown and ready take it out in a plate. Let it cool.
Put the Moong dal in a mixer jar and coarsely grind it. Wait for a minute , then open the jar. Take out the coarsely ground dal in a plate.
Put 3 to 4 tbsp ghee in a pan. Put the dal in ghee. Roast it well until golden brown for 5 minutes. On roasting the dal is aromatic. Once roasted add milk to it. Stir it and cook then add 1 cup water to it. Keep flame low.Stir at regular intervals to prevent lumps.
To Roast dry fruits. Take a pan, put to another flame. Pour ghee and let it heat. Then add Add chopped cashews, almonds and raisins to the ghee. Slightly roast it. Once roasted take it out.
Meanwhile the halwa is dense, Add sugar to it.Stir and cook. Add dry fruits. Pour ghee in halwa.Add cardamom powder. Cook halwa 1 to 2 minutes more. Once ready take out the halwa in a plate. Garnish the halwa with dry fruits. Add pistachios too.
Mouth drooling Moong Dal Halwa is ready. With ghee oozing from this halwa it will be a favorite among your family. You can make it on any special o festive occasion.
- If there is any powder in the dal then wash and dry with a cloth.
- If desired you can just add milk or add mawa and milk instead of just water.
- You can adjust the quantity of ghee as desired.
- When you add milk and sugar , stir the halwa continuously.
- moong dal halwa
- instant moong dal halwa
- jhatpat moong dal halwa
- rajasthani moong dal halwa
- moong dal sheera
- Halwa recipe
- Traditional Sweet Recipes
- Indian Dessert Recipes
- Festival recipes
- Indian Festival Recipe