Hare Matar ki Dal | Fresh Green Peas Daal Recipe
You have already relished the taste of Green Peas sabzi, matar pulao or Nimona. Today we will introduce you to the unique taste of Green Peas dal.
Ingredients For Fresh Green Peas Daal Recipe
- Green Peas- 1 Cup
- Tomatoes - 2 (100 gms)
- Green Chilies - 2
- Green Coriander - 2 to 3 tbsp (Finely Chopped)
- Green Chili - 1 (Sliced)
- Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/2 Pinch
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Paste - 3/4 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp or to taste
How to make Hare Matar ki dal
Take desi tomatoes and green chilies, make paste from it.
Heat cooker to make Green peas dal. Add 1 to 2 tbsp oil in it. When oil is hot enough, add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds. Roast it. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder. Slightly roast on low flame. Reduce flame, to prevent spices from browning. Add green chili tomato paste, ginger paste, red chili powder. Roast the masala till oil floats over it.
Grind the green peas coarse in a mixer. Masala is roasted.
Coarsely grind some green peas, keep a little of this intact. Add coarsely ground green peas to masala. Roast it with spices for a minute. Add 1 cup water. Mix it well. Add salt. Close the cooker, cook until a single whistle. Then turn off flame. Keep dal in cooker till pressure escapes.Once the pressure escapes,dal is cooked and ready. Add garam masala, some finely chopped green coriander, mix it. Dal is ready, take it out in a bowl.
Heat Tadka pan, put 1 tsp ghee in it, let it heat. Then add cumin seeds, 1 thinly sliced green chili, Slightly roast it. Turn off flame, add red chili powder in it, pour the tadka over the dal, mix it. Garnish dal with some green coriander.
Sumptuous Green Peas Dal is ready to be served. You can serve it with chapati, paratha, naan or rice.
- Preferably take desi tomatoes, as these are tangy tomatoes which give a unique tangy taste to the dal.
- Asafoetida is optional, you can also use onion garlic if desired.
- Using turmeric powder is optional.
- If you don’t have ginger paste, then make fine paste with tomatoes using 1/2 inch ginger piece.
- Garam Masala and coriander is added in the end, so that it stays aromatic,