Aloo Patta Gobhi matar sabzi - Cabbage Peas Potato Dry Curry
Cabbage peas potato dry stir fry prepared with tomatoes masala is super tempting to eat.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Aloo Patta Gobhi matar sabzi - Cabbage Peas Potato Dry Curry
Ingredients for Cabbage Peas Potato Dry Curry
- Cabbage – ½ 250 gms
- Pea – 1 cup
- Potato – 3 ( 250 gms)
- Tomato green chili paste - 2 tomato + 1 green chili
- Green coriander- 2 tbsp ( chopped finely )
- Mustard Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - Less than 1 tsp Or as per taste
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp (Paste)
How to make Aloo Patta Gobhi matar sabzi
Peel the potatoes and rinse them well with water. Chop the rinsed potatoes in 1-1 inch chunks. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and asafoetida to it. When the seeds crackle add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder and ginger paste. Saute the masala for a while.
Add the chopped potatoes to the sauteed masala and mix thoroughly. Add 1/4 cups of water to the wok, cover and cook the sabzi on 5 minutes. Keep the flame low. Meanwhile finely chop the cabbage.
After 5 minutes, remove the lid and let the potatoes cook through. Add some water to the sabzi followed by cabbage and peas. Cook the sabzi on low flame for 5 minutes.
Now again after 5 minutes, add 1/4 tsp salt and mix well. Press the potatoes to check it is cooked through. Potatoes are still not tender, cover again and cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring at regular intervals. Sabzi is still not cooked, cook it for 2 to 3 more minutes.
Prepare the tomato masala
Meanwhile, prepare tomato masala. Take a pan and add 1 to 1.5 tbsp oil to it. When the oil is hot add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, remaining turmeric powder, tomato-green chili paste, red chili powder and saute the masala a little. After this to it add 1/4 tsp salt and continue roasting until the oil starts separating from the oil. Now add 1/4 cup water to the sabzi and let it simmer once then turn off the flame.
Press the potatoes and check if cooked through. If they are pressing down easily that means sabzi is cooked. Now mix the sauteed tomato masala to it and stir thoroughly to mix. Add some green coriander and mix again. Turn off the flame and transfer the sabzi to a bowl.
Aloo cabbage peas stir fry is ready and taste super delicious. Garnish with some green coriander and serve it steaming hot with chapatti, naan or rice and relish eating.
For 4 members
- Any other cooking oil can be used instead of mustard oil.
- It takes time to cook the potatoes so cook them for 5 minutes first and then add the remaining veggies.
- Cook the sabzi on low flame for better taste. The veggies release there juices and the sabzi is cooked nicely. Cooking the sabzi on high flame requires of adding more water.
- This is medium spicy sabzi. If you like to eat spicier then add 2 green chilies and adjust the quantity of red chili powder as well.
- Tomato masala is prepared separately to enhance the taste and appeal of the sabzi. It takes time to cook the potatoes along with the tomato masala.
- aloo pattagobhi matar sabzi
- bandgobhi alu matar sabzi
- cabbage pea potato curry
- cabbage peas potato dry curry
- matar aloo pattagobhi