Date Chutney recipe - Khajur Amchoor ki Chutney
Different from the regular chutney, this date chutney is relished most for its sweet tangy taste, specially by kids.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Date Chutney recipe - Khajur Amchoor ki Chutney
Ingredients for Date Chutney recipe
- Fresh dates – 10-12 (100-150 grams)
- Sugar – ½ cup (100 grams)
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 2 tsp (2 inch piece grated)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1tsp
- Black salt – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp or to taste
- Mango powder – 2 tsp
How to make Khajur Amchoor ki Chutney
Remove the stalk and seeds from the dates and chop them finely. Meanwhile prepare syrup from the sugar. For this, take a pan and add sugar and half cup water to it. Turn on the flame and cook until sugar melts completely.
Now to the syrup add chopped dates, raisins, ginger paste, garam masala and red chili powder. Also add cumin powder, black salt, plain salt, asafoetida and mango powder. Mix everything really well and cook until it gets dense in consistency.
Tempting and super tangy delicious chutney is ready. It takes 6 to 7 minutes for making this chutney. Transfer it to a bowl. Serve this date chutney with poori or paranthas. Pack this in kid's tiffin along with paranthas, they will like it for sure. Keep this chutney in refrigerator and relish up to 2 months.
- If fresh dates are not available then you can also use dry dates. Soak them in water and then use.
- Instead of ginger paste, 2 inch ginger piece (grated) can be used.
- Instead of sugar, jaggery can also be used.