Green Chickpeas Mushroom Curry Recipe - Hara Chana / Cholia Khumb Curry
Everyone just relish eating peas mushroom sabzi but try making this sabzi with hara chana (choliya) instead with unique and scrumptious flavors.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Green Chickpeas Mushroom Curry Recipe - Cholia Khumb Curry
Ingredients for Green Chickpeas Mushroom Curry Recipe
- Mushrooms – 200 grams
- Green chickpeas – 200 grams
- Tomatoes – 3
- Green chillies – 2
- Ginger baton – ½ inch
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cashews – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Garam masala – less than ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp or to taste
How to make Cholia Khumb Curry
Prepare the paste for gravy. For this, take tomatoes, ginger, green chili and cashews in a mixer jar and grind to make a fine paste.
Heat some oil in a pan and to it add cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add asafoetida, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute the masala for a while. When the masala is roasted well add tomato-ginger-green chili paste to it, followed by some red chilly powder and saute the masala until oil starts separating from it.
When the masala is roasted, add choliya and salt to it. Mix everything really well and add half cup of water to the masala. Cover and let the choliya cook until they get tender. Stir the sabzi at every 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms and chop them in small chunks. After 10 minutes, when the choliya turn tender, add mushrooms, garam masala and some green coriander and mix thoroughly. Cover again and let it simmer for 2 minutes on low flame.
Sabzi is done and ready, transfer it to a bowl and garnish with some green coriander. Super tasty choliya mushroom sabzi is ready, Serve it with piping hot chapattis, paranthas or naan and relish eating.
- Instead of making gravy with cashews, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, peanuts and so on can also be used.
- If you like the flavors of onion and garlic then finely chop an onion and finely chop 3 to 4 cloves of garlic and saute until the onion turns pinkish in color. After this add the paste and rest follow the same.
- There is no need to rinse mushrooms with water. Just clean them with dry cloth.
- You can adjust the consistency of gravy as per your taste and preference.
- North Indian Recipes
- cholia khumb curry
- cholia mushroom sabzi
- green chickpea mushroom curry
- hara chana khumb curry