Ragi Dosa Recipe - How to make Ragi Dosa
Calcium and Iron enriched ragi dosa are super nutritious and taste super delicious. Make for kid's tiffin or as breakfast for unique flavor and taste.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Ragi Dosa Recipe - How to make Ragi Dosa
Ingredients for Ragi Dosa Recipe
- Ragi flour - 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
- Chickpea flour - 1/4 cup
- Oil/ghee - 1/4 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Green coriander - 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (grated) or 1/2 tsp paste
- Salt - more than 1/2 tsp or to taste
How to make Ragi Dosa
Prepare the dosa batter
Take ragi flour and wheat flour in a big mixing bowl, followed by chickpea flour. Now add curd to it. Add water in small portions and stir until all lumps dissolves completely. After this, add salt, ginger, green chili or some green coriander. Add some more water and make the batter a little thin in consistency. Batter is ready and for this much batter 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup curd is used. Cover and keep the batter aside for 20 minutes to set.
Roast the dosa
After 20 minutes when the batter turns puffy, whisk is nicely. Heat a non stick pan over the flame. Pour some oil over the pan and spread it evenly using a napkin paper. When the pan is heated well, reduce the flame and let it cool down a little. When the pan is medium hot, pour 2 tbsp batter over it and stir in circular motion very thinly. Now increase the flame. Spread some oil all around the dosa and over it as well. Let it roast from beneath until it gets golden brown. After this, flip the side of dosa and let it roast from other side as well until it gets golden brown spots.
Dosa is roasted well, reduce the flame and take it off from tawa. Likewise prepare rest of the dosas as well.
Raagi dosa is ready, these are also known as raagi cheelas. Super healthy and tempting raagi dosa and serve steaming hot with chutney, curd, tomato ketchup, chilly sauce or coconut chutney and relish eating. Pack them in tiffin with tomato sauce, jam or sweet pickle.
- You can also prepare batter with rice flour.
- Instead of non stick pan, non stick tawa can be used.
- While spreading the batter make sure that the batter is not too hot. Let it heat sufficiently, then reduce the flame and let it cool down a little else it will get difficult to spread the batter.
- You can also add finely chopped spinach or methi leaves to give them a different taste and flavor to these raagi dosas.