Chana Dal Pulav recipe in microwave
Chana dal pulao prepared with Basmati rice, whole spices is super tempting to eat and also appealing to eat.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Chana Dal Pulav recipe in microwave
Ingredients for Chana Dal Pulav recipe in microwave
- Basmati rice – 1 cup (soaked for 30 minutes)
- Chana lentils – ½ cup (soaked for 6-7 hours)
- Ghee/refined oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon – 1
- Ginger baton – 1 inch (thinly sliced)
- Brown cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4
- Black peppercorns – 10-12
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp or to taste
How to make Chana Dal Pulav in microwave
Rinse the rice thoroughly and soak them in water for half an hour. Remove the excess water later. Similarly, rinse the dal as well and soak in water for 6 to 7 hours.
Microwave ghee in a microwave bowl for a minute. When the ghee melts, take out the bowl. Now add cumin seeds, brown cardamom powder, cinnamon, clove, black pepper and microwave for 1 minute.
After 1 minute, take out the bowl and add ginger, dal and 1 cup of water. Mix everything really well. Microwave for 6 minutes, keep the bowl little open.
Take out the bowl again and check the dal. Now to it add rice, salt, 1.5 cups of water, lemon juice and stir nicely to mix well. Leave the bowl open slightly and microwave for 10 minutes.
Take out bowl and leave them covered. Serve after 20 minutes. Yummy pulao is ready. Garnish with some green coriander and serve.
- You can use refined oil instead of ghee.
- If you like eating spicy, then add 1/4 tsp red chilly powder.
- We need to keep the bowl a little uncovered so that steam escapes.
- If you want to prepare pulao in pressure cooker then heat some ghee in a cooker and splutter some cumin seeds. Then coarsely ground the spices and roast them. After this, add chana dal and rice in pressure cooker and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Now add 2.25 cup of water and close the lid. Now cook until it whistles once.