Knol Khol Khalan Curry - Ganth Gobi Recipe
Ganth gobi can be prepared with numerous styles like Ganth gobi potato sabzi, Ganth gobi fry and Ganth gobi butter masala. Ganth gobi prepared with its leaves has a unique taste and you’ll like it for sure.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Knol Khol Khalan Curry - Ganth Gobi Recipe
Ingredients for Indian Kohlrabi Recipe
- Ganth gobi – 3 to 4 (500 grams)
- Fresh and soft Ganth gobi leaves
- Tomato – 2 (150 grams)
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Green chilly – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (paste)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
How to make Knol Khol Khalan Curry
Thoroughly wash Ganth gobi and its leaves. Remove the stalk from leaves and chop them finely. Peel Ganth gobi and chop them in small chunks. Take 1 tbsp oil in a pan and heat sufficiently.
When oil is hot add ¼ tsp cumin seeds. after sauteing for while, add chopped Ganth gobi and ½ tsp salt. Mix well and add ½ cup water to it. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low flame. Check at regular intervals. It takes approx 20 to 25 minutes for cooking Ganth gobi.
Saute tomato and prepare masala in a separate pan. Chop the tomatoes finely. Add 2 tbsp oil in a pan and heat sufficiently. When oil is hot, add ½ tsp cumin seeds and sauté for while. Now add asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger paste, chopped green chilly, chopped tomatoes, red chilly powder and fennel powder. Saute the masala until oil starts separating from it.
After sauteing the masala nicely, add chopped leaves and ½ tsp salt to the masala and mix well.
Check the Ganth gobi now, it’s cooked aptly. Mix the Ganth gobi to masala and stir for 2 minutes nicely. Add ½ cup water to the sabzi and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Ganth gobi curry is ready, take it out in a plate and garnish with green coriander leaves.
Serve tantalizing Ganth gobi sabzi with chapatti, parantha, naan and rice.
- You can even add onion and garlic to the sabzi. After sauteing cumin seeds and asafoetida, add 1 finely chopped onion and 4 to 5 finely chopped garlic cloves. Saute until they turn they turn pinkish in color. Then add rest of the spices and prepare the sabzi.
- If you wish to make dry sabzi, then prepare without adding water to it. Mix Ganth gobi to the masala.
- For 4 to 5 member
- Time 35 minutes