Moong Dal Gujiya Recipe
Traditional gujiya recipe, prepared especially during Holi and Diwali, is often prepared with numerous style of stuffing. Moong dal stuffed gujiya will be relished by you all.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Moong Dal Gujiya Recipe
Ingredients for Moong Dal gujiya
- Refined flour - 2 cup (250 grams)
- Moong dal - 1/2 cup (100 grams) (coarsely grounded)
- Mawa - 1/2 cup (100 grams) (crumbled)
- Sugar - 3/4 cup (125 grams)
- Dry coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cashews - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Almonds - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Green cardamom - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 1/2 cup (for kneading dough and roasting dal)
- Ghee - for frying gujiyas
How to make Moong Dal gujiya
Take out maida in any utensil and add 1/4 cup ghee into it. Mix well and now add water little by little and knead stiff and tight dough required for making pooris. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 to 25 minutes to set.
Moong Dal Stuffing
Add 1/4 cup ghee in a pan and allow it to heat. Now add grounded moong dal in the pan. Stir constantly and roast on medium-low flame until dal get golden brown in color. Take out roasted dal in a plate.
Add mawa in the pan and roast on low flame and mix in the dal. Now add powdered sugar, grated coconut, chopped cashews, almonds and cardamom powder. Mix everything really well. Moong dal stuffing is ready.
Knead the dough again until smooth and make small lumps from it. Take one lump, roll and the flatten giving it a shape of peda. Cover the dough balls. Take one dough ball and roll it out in a round poori with 3 to 4 inch diameter. Lift up the rolled poori and place it over the gujiya mold. Now, place 2 tsp stuffing over the poori, apply some water on the edges. Close the mold, press gently and remove the extra dough. Open the mold and take out the gujiya from it. Likewise prepare all gujiyas.
Heat some oil in a wok. When ghee is sufficiently hot, place as many gujiyas as possible in the wok and fry on low flame until they turn golden brown in color from all sides. Take out the fried gujiyas in a plate with absorbent paper. Likewise fry all gujiyas. Piping hot moong dal gujiya is ready.
Store the gujiyas in an air tight container once cooled completely and relish eating for up to 10 to 12 days.
- Roast the mawa and moong dal by stirring constantly. Make sure that stuffing is not overcooked or burned.
- Stuff the gujiyas very carefully, make sure it doesn't splatter. If any gujiya splatter while stuffing then keep it aside and fry in the end after frying all gujiyas.
- Keep the extra dough under a cloth in any vessel, knead it again and use for making Gujiya.
- For 24 to 26 Gujiya
- Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- gujiya recipe
- Ghughra Recipe
- Gujiya recipe in hindi
- gujiya recipe without mawa
- karanji recipe
- make karanji
- Moong Dal gujiya
- sweet karanji recipe
- shivratri vrat recipe