Aloo Badi Curry Recipe
Badiya(Mangodi) is prepared from Urad dal or Moong dal. Sometimes when you look in the fridge all you see are potatoes, you can make an awesome Aloo Mangodi Curry with the potatoes. So let us start preparing this curry.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Aloo Badi Curry Recipe
- Ingredients for Aloo Badi Curry
- Potatoes - 250 grams (3-4 medium sized)
- Dal badi - 75 grams (1/3 cup)
- Tomatoes- 2 (small sized)
- Green chilly -2
- Ginger - 1inch long piece
- Oil - 2tbsp
- Heeng(asafoetida) - 1 to 2 pinch
- Jeera(cumin seeds) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - add to taste (3/4 tsp)
- Garam masala - less than 1/4 tsp
- Green coriander - 1 tbsp ( finely chopped)
- How to make Aloo Badi Curry Recipe
Make a fine paste of tomatoes, green chillies and ginger.
Pour 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan(kadhai) and heat, put Badiya in oil and stir fry using a spoon. Turn them over once they become brown then take them out on a plate. Break 1 Badiya into 3-4 pieces then repeat with all Badiyas after they are cooled.
Peel, wash then cut potatoes.
Pour 1 tbsp oil in the cooker and heat, put Heeng and Jeera in hot oil. After Jeera is roasted add turmeric powder, coriander powder, stir fry spices 2-3 times with a spoon. Now put the tomato paste and fry spices till oil starts floating over them. Add red chilly powder, fried Badi, potatoes to these spices and mix. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, put 1 glass of water and salt then close the lid. After 1 whistle goes off cook for another 2-3 minutes, open the cooker after all the pressure is released. Put in Garam masala, half of the green coriander leaves and mix. Aloo Badi Curry is ready.
Take out the curry in a bowl and garnish with the remaining coriander leaves. Serve hot Aloo Badi Curry with chapati, naan or rice and eat.
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Serves - 4 to 5
Aloo Badi Curry Recipe video