Amla Laddu Recipe
Amla ladoos full of Vitamin C and Iron are very scrumptious. Amla ladoos are considered best for strengthening our immune system. Kids who don't relish eating Amlas will surley like Amla ladoos.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Amla Laddu Recipe
Ingredients for Amla Laddu
- Amla - 6 (250 grams)
- Sugar - 1 cup (250 grams)
- Almonds - 1/2 cup (250 grams)
- Cashews - 1/3 cup (25 grams)
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
How to make Amla Laddu?
Place amlas in polythene and microwave for 5 minutes. Take out amlas from microwave and allow them to get cool. Grate the amlas when cooled.
Preheat a pan and place grated amla and sugar into it. Stir constantly and cook.
Cook until mixture gets thick in consistency. When it thickens add 2 tsp ghee and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Mixture is cooked aptly. To check take 2-3 drops of mixture in a bowl and stick between your thumb and index finger. It should be sticky and gooey in consistency. If its sticking, then turn off the flame.
Now allow the mixture to get bit frigid. Mix almond powder and chop cashews in small chunks. Peel cardamom and make powder. Also ground nutmeg and make powder.
When mixture gets slightly cool, take it out in a bowl and add almond powder, chopped cashews, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Mix all ingredients nicely. Batter for making ladoos is ready.
Grease your hands with some ghee and take little amount of batter in your hand. Now make round ladoos as per your preference and place them on plate. With this much batter almost 12-14 ladoos can be prepared. Amla ladoos are ready. Store these in any air tight container and relish eating for up to 3-4 months.
- For making amlas soft and tender, you can even cook them in steam instead of in microwave.
- Keep stirring the mixture constantly while cooking.
- When mixture gets thick in consistency, immediately turn off the flame. Take out batter in a separate bowl so that it cools down immediately.