Besan wali Arbi Recipe
Arbi (Colocasia - Taro Root) curry tastes awesome with Puris and Paranthas, be it Arbi fry or Crispy Arbi with Gramflour/Besan wali Arbi. Every Arbi dish has its own distinct taste.
Do prepare this recipe when you have special guests coming over. Everyone will surely like it.
- Ingredients for Besan wali Arbi :
- Arbi (Colocasia - Taro Root) - 400 grams
- Gram flour(besan) - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Amchur(mango) powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander(dhaniya) powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
For Tadka :
- Ajjwain(carom seeds) - 3/4 tsp
- Green chilly - 1 to 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
- Lemon- 1/2 ( 1 tsp juice)
- Green coriander - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- How to make Besan wali Arbi
Wash Arbi and put them in a cooker with 1 glass water to boil. After 1 whistle goes off turn off the gas(Arbi should not become excessively soft). Prepare the spices till you can open the cooker.
Put gram flour and all of the spices in a plate then mix properly.
Take out Arbi from the cooker, cool them off, peel Arbi and cut them length wise into 2 halves.
Take 1 piece of Arbi and wrap it all over with the gram flour and spices mix, then keep it on a plate. One by one wrap all the pieces with the gram flour and spices mix and keep them on the plate. After 5 minutes fry these pieces.
Pour oil in a non-stick pan and heat, put almost half of the pieces in hot oil. Keep turning them from one side to another while frying till they turn crispy. Take these pieces out and put the remaining Arbi pieces anf fry in the same manner. All of the Arbi pieces are fried and ready.
Apply Tadka :
Heat the leftover oil in the pan, put Ajjwain in hot oi. After Ajjwain gets roasted add green chilly, ginger and the Arbi pieces. Turn off the gas, put lemon juice and 1/2 green coriander, mix all the contents properly with a spoon.
Besan wali Arbi/Arbi with Gram flour is ready. Take out Arbi in a bowl and garnish with green coriander. Serve with parantha or puri.