Besan Gatta Fry
Besan Gatte is one of the most popular Rajasthani recipe. You can make dry Besan gatta or make it with curry, in both the ways it tastes delicious. Lets make something new today - Besan Gatte Fry Recipe.
इस रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढिये - Besan Gatta Fry recipe in Hindi
Ingredients for Besan Gatta Fry
Ingredients to make Gatte
- Gram flour - 150 gms.
- Oil - 1 table spoon.
- Salt - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinch.
- Red chilli powder - 1/6 tea spoon.
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon.
Ingredients to fry Gatte.
- Oil - 2 table spoon.
- Heeng - 1 pinch.
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Turmeric powder - 1/6 tea spoon.
- Green chilli - 2-3 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece (grated)
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
- Salt - 1/6 tea spoon (according to the taste)
- Amchoor powder - 1/6 tea spoon.
- Garam masala - 1/6 tea spoon.
- Coriander leaves - 1 table spoon (chopped)
Method - How to make Besan Gatta Fry
Sieve the gram flour and add 1 table spoon oil and 1/4 tea spoon salt in it. Mix them well. Knead the flour with water (50 gms). Cover the dough and leave t for 20 minutes to set. Take a small portion of the dough, equal to the size of a lemon and roll it into 3/4 inch -4 inch thick roll. Prepare more rolls with the remaining dough in the same manner.
Now take 600 gms water in a pan and let it boil. Once the water boils, put the rolls into it in a way so that they dip completely inside the water. Let them boil for 12 minutes and turn off the flame. Take out the rolls in a plate and use the boiled water to make the curry. Cut the rolls into 1/2 inch thick pieces once they cools down.
How to make the Curry
Heat oil in a pan and tamper the cumin seeds and heeng into it. Now add green chilli, ginger, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder to it. Stir and mix the masala well. Now put the besan gatte into the masala and roast for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the garam masala and amchoor powder over the gatte and cook it for another 2 minutes.
Besan Gatta Fry is ready. Serve it with naan, parantha and rice.