Stuffed Lemon Pickle Recipe
In months of December and January lemons are available in very good variety. During this time lemon with thin skin are easily available in a market which is the best variety for making pickle. This period is very much suitable for making lemon pickle. Lemon pickle can be prepared in many ways. We have already prepared plain lemon pickle and sweet lemon pickle. Today we will make stuffed lemon pickle.
हिन्दी में पढिये - Stuffed Lemon Pickle Recipe
Ingredients for Stuffed Lemon Pickle
- Lemon - 500 + 250 grams
- Black salt - ¼ cup
- Saindha salt (lahori salt) - 2 tsp
- Ginger powder - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - ¼ tsp
- Javitri - 2-3 flowers
- Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Carom seeds - 2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp (make powder from 6-7 whole black pepper)
- Whole garam masala - brown cardamom: 10, black pepper: 2 tsp, cinnamon stick: 2 inch piece, jaifal: 1
How to make Stuffed Lemon Pickle
Soak lemons in water overnight. Take out lemons from water and dry nicely.
Make 2 cut from top in such a way that it remains joint from ends. Cut all 500 grams lemon in similar way.
Coarsely ground whole garam masala .i.e. fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, carom seeds and Javitri. Mix all spices as well as grounded spices and mix really well. Take one lemon at a time and stuff it with prepared masala. Like wise stuff all ingredients (if needed roll thread around the lemon). Place the stuffed lemons in a dry container in upright position. Sprinkle rest of the masala on top of lemons kept in container.
Pour lemon juice (250 grams lemons) in the container. Within 3-4 days lemons will get drenched in juice. Lemon pickle is prepared in minimum time if kept in sunlight. Lemon pickle is ready to be served within one month if kept inside a room.
Lemon pickle can be stored for up to 2-3 years. The older is the pickle the more it becomes digestive and pleasing in taste. It is best for problems of acidity and digestion.
- Utensils used for making pickle should be clean and dry. There should not be moisture in the utensil.
- Container used for storing pickle should be washed with boiling water and dry it in sunlight (You can also dry the bottle in oven in case there is no sunlight).
- Use a clean and dry spoon for taking out pickle from container. Keep the prepared pickle in sunlight once in 2-3 months as it increases self life of pickle.
- achaar recipe
- lemon pickle indian recipe
- lemon recipe
- nimbu achaar recipe
- stuffed lemon pickle recipe
- stuffed pickle recipe
- whole lemon pickle