Gur Paratha - Jaggery Paratha
During winters gur (jaggery) provides warmness as strength to the body. Gur parantha is tempting as well as nutritious. Add almond powder in gur stuffing for more taste. Gur parantha will be loved by kids as well as you.
हिन्दी में पढिये - Gur Paratha - Jaggery Paratha
Ingredients for Gur Paratha
- Wheat flour - 2 cup
- Jaggery - ¾ cup (finely chopped)
- Almonds - 20-25 (powdered)
- Ghee - 2-3 tbsp
- Green cardamom - 4 (peel and powdered)
- Salt - ½ tsp
How to make Jaggery Paratha
Take out flour in any big utensil. Add salt and 1 tsp ghee in flour. With help of lukewarm water knead soft dough. Keep aside the dough for 20 minutes so that it gets fermented.
Add almond powder and cardamom powder in jaggery and mix nicely.
How to make paranthas:
Preheat tawa. Take little amount of dough (equal to the size of small guava) and roll it. Dust with dry flour and roll into 3-4 inch diameter parantha. Spread some ghee on top of the rolled parantha. Now place 1-2 tsp stuffing on the parantha and roll it back into a ball. Close the stuffing properly. Flatten the ball so that stuffing gets even. Dust it again with dry flour and roll gently into 5-6 inch diameter thick parantha.
Tawa is heated, place the parantha on tawa. When it gets little brown from beneath flip the sides. When second side gets brown spots as well then spread some ghee on the upper side. Spread it all around, flip the side and spread some ghee on the other aside as well. Roast parantha until it gets brown spots on both the sides. Place the prepared parantha on bowl kept above a plate or on the foil. Like wise prepare all paranthas.
Enticing and mouth drooling gur parantha is ready. Serve gur parantha as it is like a cookie, with curd and with milk to kids. Enjoy it yourself as well.
- Don’t add too much stuffing in the parantha, it may splatter.
- Roll the parantha with utter care.
- While roasting parantha make sure you don’t immediately press the parantha when it puffs up as the steam coming out can burn your hand and gur syrup may come out on the parantha.
- Add any other ingredient in gur stuffing as per your preference instead of almond powder like coconut powder or slightly roast sesame seeds, make powder and add it.
Gur paratha Recipe Video - Jaggery Paratha Recipe Video
- Curry, Fry and Pulses
- Vegetable Fry Recipe
- Poori, Naan and Paratha
- Paratha Recipe
- Stuffed paratha recipe