Thalipeeth, a traditional recipe of Maharashtra, is prepared with multi grain flour, chilly-spices and fresh vegetables. Its a nutritious dish and making this is very easy.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Thalipeeth Recipe
Ingredients for Thalipeeth
- Thalipeeth bhajani flour - 1 cup
- Potato - 2 (boiled)
- Cauliflower - 1/2 cup (grated)
- Oil - 3-4 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste (less than 1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder - less than 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder - less than 1/4 tsp
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilly - 1 (remove seeds and chop finely)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
How to make Thalipeeth
Bhajani can be easily bought from market. This flour is prepared with roasted lentils and wheat. Take bhajani flour in a big bowl and add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, green coriander, green chilly, sesame seeds, grated cauliflower and potatoes (mashed finely). Also add 1 tsp oil and mix all ingredients nicely. With help of lukewarm water knead a soft dough.
Cover and keep the dough aside for 15 minutes to set. After 15 minutes, dough can be used for making thalipeeth.
Take little amount of dough (equal to the size of 1 medium lemon). Dust with dry flour and make a round ball. Flatten the dough ball into 2 inch diameter poori with help of your palm. Dust again with dry flour and roll into 3-4 inch diameter parantha. Make a small hole with help of your finger in the center.
Preheat tawa and grease it with some oil. Place the thalipeeth on tawa, when its roasted from beneath turn the side and spread some oil on the surface. Pour some oil in the hole, with this thalipeeth turns crispy and crusty from beneath. Flip the thalipeeth and spread some oil on the other side as well. With utter care roast thalipeeth until it turns crispy and gets brown spots on both sides.
2-3 thalipeeth can be roasted at once on a tawa. Likewise prepare all thalipeeth.
Crispy and delicious thalipeeth is ready. Serve thalipeeth with butter, curd, chutney or pickle and enjoy eating.
- You can use any other vegetable like spinach, cabbage, onion and so on, as per your taste.
- For bhajani flour: Take 1 cup rice. 1 cup millets, 1 cup jawar, 1 cup wheat, 1/2 cup chana dal, 1/2 cup urad dal, 1/2 cup moth dal, 1 tbsp coriander seeds and 1 tbsp cumin seeds. Dry roast all the ingredients separately until they turn slightly brown in color. Now mix all ingredients and ground to make flour. Bhajani flour is ready.