Bajra Khichdi Recipe - Bajra ki Khichdi
Rice Khichadi is very common in every house. But you can try Bajra Khichadi also in summers to try a new flavor and taste of khichadi. Bajra Khichadi is very tasty and also smells good. So lets make Bajra Khichadi today.
- इस पोस्ट को हिन्दी में पढिये - Bajra Khichdi Recipe in Hindi
Ingredients for Black Millet Khichdi - Bajra Khichadi
- Black Millet (bajra) - 200 gms.
- Moong dal - 150 gms.
- Ghee - 2 table spoon.
- Heeng - 1 pinch.
- Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon.
- Green chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Green peas - 1 small bowl (optional)
- Salt - according to the taste.
- Coriander leaves - 1 table spoon.
Method - How to make Bajre Ki Khichdi
Sieve the bajra and wet it with water. Now put the bajra in a mortar and beat it so that all the musk wades off. Separate the musk from the bajra.
Heat ghee in a cooker and tamper the heeng and cumin seeds into it. Once the cumin seeds turns brown put green chilli, ginger, turmeric powder and peas to it. Roast it for 2 minutes. Wash the bajra and put it inside the cooker. Stir and mix the bajra with masala and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Pour 4 times the quantity of water of Bajra and dal into the cooker. Close the lid of the cooker and pressure for upto 1 whistle. After the whistle cook the khichadi for another 5 minutes. Turn off the flame.
Open the lid of the cooker. Your Bajra Khichadi is ready. Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve it with chutney, curd and pickle.