Palak Mushroom Curry - Khumbh Palak Curry
Luscious and easy to make, Palak mushroom curry can be prepared with any gravy of your choice be it coconut, cashews, poppy seeds, gram flour, tomato and so on.
हिन्दी में पढिये : Palak Mushroom Curry - Khumbh Palak Curry
Ingredients for Spinach with mushroom
- Spinach - 350 grams
- Mushroom - 6-8
- Tomato - 2
- Green chilly - 1-2
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Coconut - 1.2 cup (small chunks)
- Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Salt - 3/4 tsp (as per taste)
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cream - 2 tbsp
How to make Palak Mushroom gravy recipe
Remove spinach stalk and use leaves. Wash the leaves thoroughly twice with water, place in sieve so that excess water drains off. Now finely chop the leaves.
Clean the mushroom with dry cloth and slice thinly. Grind tomato, green chilly, ginger and coconut in a mixture grinder to make a fine paste.
Preheat oil in a wok. When oil is sufficiently hot add asafoetida and cumin seeds and saute for while. After sauteing cumin seeds, add turmeric powder, grounded paste, coriander powder and red chilly powder. Stir at regular intervals and saute the masala until oil starts floating on the surface.
Now add chopped spinach in masala, mix well and add 2-3 tbsp water as well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Open the lid, stir the sabzi and add mushroom chunks, salt, garam masala and green coriander. Add water, if required. You can add water as per your preference. Cover the sabzi again and cook on medium flame for 2 more minutes.
Spinach Mushroom curry is ready, take it out in a bowl and serve with chapatti, paranthas, naan or rice and relish eating.
- This spinach mushroom recipe is prepared with coconut curry, but if you don't like coconut much then add gram flour (roasted) after sauteing the coconut masala and make sabzi.
- Add gram flour (roasted) along with tomato, green chilly and ginger while grinding and cook spinach in gram flour gravy. To enhance the flavor add cream as well.
- For making Spinach mushroom curry with garlic and onion, finely chop 1 onion and 4 garlic cloves. After sauteing cumin seeds and asafoetida, add onion and garlic and saute until onions turn pinkish in color. Now add tomato, green chilly and ginger paste, saute for while and follow the procedure mentioned above for making this dish.