Matar Jhol Recipe
Nothing is better than having Matar Jhol with potato stuffed paranthas in winter evening. They not only tastes good, but are also preferred most by the family members when it comes to change in taste. We will prepare Matar Jhol Recipe for today's dinner menu.
- इस रेसीपी को हिन्दी में पढिये - Matar Jhol Recipe in Hindi
Ingredients for Matar Jhol
- Green peas - 1/2 cup.
- Tomato - 4 (medium sized)
- Green chilli - 2-3
- Ginger - 1/2 inch long piece.
- Ghee - 21/2 table spoon.
- Heeng - 1 pinch. (very less, optional)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tea spoon.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Coriander powder - 1 tea spoon.
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tea spoon.
- Salt - 1 tea spoon (or according to the taste)
- Garam masala - less than 1/4 tea spoon.
- Coriander leaves - 2 table spoon (chopped)
Method - How to make Matar Jhol
Wash the peas with fresh water. Wash the tomatoes and cut into big pieces. Wash the green chilli and separate the stems from them. Peel and wash the ginger and cut into big pieces. Now put all these ingredients into the mixer and make a paste.
Heat 11/2 table spoon ghee in a pan and tamper the heeng, cumin seeds to it. Now put the peas and roast it for 2 minutes followed by adding turmeric powder, coriander powder and tomato paste. Roast the masala well until the oil starts to float at the top of it.
Pour 1 ltr or 5 cup water into the roasted masala with salt and red chilli powder. Once the recipe starts to boil cook it for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off the flame. Put garam masala and coriander leaves into the recipe and mix well.
Your Matar Jhol recipe ready. Take it out in a serving dish and pour 1 table spoon ghee over it. Serve the recipe with hot paranthas, naan or chapatis. You can have this recipe in the form of a soup also.
- This preparation is for 4 people.
- Time Taken - 20 minutes.